Prev: Users50
Next: Help Needed!
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:32:36 -0800, "Dallas" <Jagged
Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote:

> thanks - its a wireless kb, came w/ the package from dell. dont have another
> kb. dont understand re; bios point.

Did you try replacing the battery in the KB?

> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
> Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dallas wrote:
> >> NEED YOUR HELP ASAP re: my keyboard - am using on screen keyboard -
> >> something is wrong. NONE OF THE KEYS are working. tried restore but
> >> it only goes back 1 day. tried resetting it and new batteries -
> >> neither worked. mouse works fine. ran security progs toshow no
> >> virus oranything wrong. THANKS VERY MUCH
> >
> > Tried...
> >
> > - Checking that the keyboard is plugged in (if not bluetooth)
> > - Replacing the keyboard with a known good keyboard
> >
> > You have not given enough information, really...
> >
> > - Is the keyboard USB or PS/2 (if either)
> > - Is the keyboard bluetooth?
> > - Does it (did it ever?) work in the system BIOS (if so - it may be a
> > driver issue, if not - it's likely to be a dead keyboard.)
> >
> > Essentially - it sounds like the keyboard is physically dead. Replace it
> > with a known good keyboard.
> >
> > Wireless keyboards, to me anyway - have always been a wash when it comes
> > to personal use. 1 in every 1000 might actually have a legitimate reason
> > for a wireless keyboard beyond stopping cable clutter and the ones
> > stopping the cable clutter seldom move the keyboard from its current
> > location meaning the cable would be a minimal issue - just a eye sore
> > (maybe.)
> >
> > --
> > Shenan Stanley
> > MS-MVP
> > --
> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Unknown on
Try moving the antenna for the keyboard to another place. It is the part
that plugs into the USB port.

From: "Dallas" Jagged on
Thanks Shenan, Unknown & Ken,

Someone brought their k/b by for me to try & that's exactly what it was. I
picked up a M/S 3000 wired kb & really like it. i bought a cheap mouse &
yes, you get what you pay for, so it's going back & I just hooked back up
the wireless mouse & all is well - so far!

Thanks again

--
Dallas.....

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:59:07 -0800, "Dallas" <Jagged
Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote:

> Thanks Shenan, Unknown & Ken,

You're welcome. Glad to help.

> Someone brought their k/b by for me to try & that's exactly what it was. I
> picked up a M/S 3000 wired kb & really like it. i bought a cheap mouse &
> yes, you get what you pay for, so it's going back & I just hooked back up
> the wireless mouse & all is well - so far!
>
> Thanks again
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
> Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner
>

> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:32:36 -0800, "Dallas" <Jagged
> > Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote:
> >

> >> thanks - its a wireless kb, came w/ the package from dell. dont have
> >> another
> >> kb. dont understand re; bios point.
> >

> > Did you try replacing the battery in the KB?
> >

> >> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
> >> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
> >> regular
> >> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster,
> >> Window
> >> Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner
> >>

> >> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3