From: Roy Smith on
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message

Also see https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx

SC Tom wrote:
> Since these newsgroups are going away, I thought I'd try the Answers and
> Forum bridges for use in OE6. I've got it all set up, and it runs well, at
> least as fast as my ISP's and Microsoft's newsgroups.
> My question is, is there any way to start up and log into the NNTP servers
> automatically, without having to go through the Start, Sign-in, then
> minimize it to the notification area? Since they are separate bridges, it
> really is somewhat of a PITA to go through each day. I know, I know, it
> doesn't take much time, but it IS annoying to have to go through the
> ritual

You might want to give this NNTP bridge a try at:

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

This one seems to work better than the one offered by Microsoft, plus you
only need just one program running for all of the forums vs. two.

--

Roy Smith
Windows 7 Professional

From: Bruce Hagen on

"Roy Smith" <rasmith1959(a)live.com> wrote in message

> You might want to give this NNTP bridge a try at:
>
> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
>
> This one seems to work better than the one offered by Microsoft, plus
> you only need just one program running for all of the forums vs. two.
>
> --
>
> Roy Smith
> Windows 7 Professional

[echo]

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
> The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have
> permission
> to view it.

The latter: You've gotta Register first.

cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#406

From: SC Tom on
Been registered for years, and it shows me as being logged in.
--
SC Tom

From: SC Tom on

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> This bridge is all inclusive and quicker to sign into. Click the icon.
>>> Click the sign-in button. All done. Minimizes by itself.
>>>
>>> Communities Forums NNTP Bridge
>>> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>> Thanks to both the Bruce's :-) I installed it and it seems to work just
>> fine. The only change (so far) that I had to make was to make the port
>> for the Answers forum 119 instead of 120 (the separate bridges required
>> 119 and 120).
>> Thanks again!
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>

> You're welcome.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA

One annoyance that I have with it is that it has no idea if I've ever posted
or replied to a post. It'll find me if I post, but not any previous ones. I
post from two different machines with different OS's and news clients and it
can't "see" the posts from each other. I might have to reinstall the Answers
bridge just to test that out, but I don't recall that I had this problem
with it.
--
SC Tom

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: MSE
Next: have nntp installed, not obvious how to use