From: Geordie on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:22:08 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
following:

>"Geordie" <geordiemac(a)hotmail.invalid.com> wrote in message
<snip>

>> I am seeing the same thing here too, the only difference is I am using
>> port 120 as Hamster is running using port 119.

>I don't know if what I did fixed it for me, or if something has changed on
>their end, but I haven't gotten the error message in a couple of days now.
>All I did was change my Sync Settings to Headers Only. Before it was set to
>All Messages. I normally have it set to Headers Only, but I guess the
>default was All Messages, and I didn't check to change it. No errors since
>then (KOW!).

It was a problem at the Microsoft end as it was causing problems with
their NNTP bridge programmes too.
--
"My God! The thought of that evil man, loose in London--with money,
from God only knows what source--fomenting riot and rebellion during a

From: SC Tom on

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:22:08 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
> following:
>

>>"Geordie" <geordiemac(a)hotmail.invalid.com> wrote in message
> <snip>
>>>
>>> I am seeing the same thing here too, the only difference is I am using
>>> port 120 as Hamster is running using port 119.
>
>>I don't know if what I did fixed it for me, or if something has changed on
>>their end, but I haven't gotten the error message in a couple of days now.
>>All I did was change my Sync Settings to Headers Only. Before it was set
>>All Messages. I normally have it set to Headers Only, but I guess the
>>default was All Messages, and I didn't check to change it. No errors since
>>then (KOW!).
>
> It was a problem at the Microsoft end as it was causing problems with
> their NNTP bridge programmes too.
> --
> "My God! The thought of that evil man, loose in London--with money,
> from God only knows what source--fomenting riot and rebellion during a
> public emergency--and in control of an Engine-driven press! It's
> nightmarish!" (Gibson-Sterling, "The Difference Engine")

Good to now! Thanks!
--
SC Tom

From: SC Tom on

"SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in message

> "Geordie" <geordiemac(a)hotmail.invalid.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:22:08 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
>> following:
>>

>>>"Geordie" <geordiemac(a)hotmail.invalid.com> wrote in message
>> <snip>

>>>I don't know if what I did fixed it for me, or if something has changed
>>>on
>>>their end, but I haven't gotten the error message in a couple of days
>>>now.
>>>All I did was change my Sync Settings to Headers Only. Before it was set
>>>All Messages. I normally have it set to Headers Only, but I guess the
>>>default was All Messages, and I didn't check to change it. No errors
>>>since
>>>then (KOW!).
>>
>> It was a problem at the Microsoft end as it was causing problems with
>> their NNTP bridge programmes too.
>> --
>> "My God! The thought of that evil man, loose in London--with money,
>> from God only knows what source--fomenting riot and rebellion during a
>> public emergency--and in control of an Engine-driven press! It's
>> nightmarish!" (Gibson-Sterling, "The Difference Engine")
>>
> Good to now! Thanks!
> --
> SC Tom

That should be "Good to know." Someday I'll learn to type. . . or not.
--
SC Tom

From: Geordie on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:40:52 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
following:

>"Geordie" <geordiemac(a)hotmail.invalid.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:22:08 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
>> following:
<snip>

>> It was a problem at the Microsoft end as it was causing problems with
>> their NNTP bridge programmes too.
>>
>Good to now! Thanks!

No problem.
I am still getting happening every so often, so they can't have sorted
it out yet.
--
Man to man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that.

From: SC Tom on

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:40:52 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
> following:
>

>>"Geordie" <geordiemac(a)hotmail.invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:22:08 -0400, "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> compiled the
>>> following:
> <snip>
>>>
>>> It was a problem at the Microsoft end as it was causing problems with
>>> their NNTP bridge programmes too.
>>>
>>Good to now! Thanks!
>
> No problem.
> I am still getting happening every so often, so they can't have sorted
> it out yet.
> --
> Man to man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that.

Well, I spoke too soon. Not only am I having the same problem again with
Answers, now I get error messages with TechNet, too.
Maybe MS will give up on the forums and go back to NNTP. (Yeah, right)
--
SC Tom

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: MSE
Next: have nntp installed, not obvious how to use