From: Notan on
On 6/4/2010 3:07 AM, Leonard Agoado wrote:
> "Notan"<notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote
>
>> I was questioning what kind of people, other than those betting
>> against the market, stand and applaud market declines.
>>
>> If you don't like the question, you're more than welcome to go
>> elsewhere.
>

> Notan,
>
> The difference between what you were questioning and what you think you
> were questioning lies in your choice of words, not in any clairvoyant skill
> lacking in others.
>
> As to your intended query, the traditional applause at the closing bell
> is in celebration the market itself by its invited guests, not a celebration
> of the final valuation of any specific indicators. Your so-called question
> then, through its exclusion, obviously provides its own answer by revealing
> itself as a poorly veiled attribution of moral deficiency to a set of
> parties in the exchange whose function you clearly do not understand. There
> are two sides to any market transaction - one whose judgment plays out over
> time, and one whose judgment does not. Those about to buy, as well as those
> holding short positions, would certainly have valid reason to cheer a
> decline. This is an exchange market not a morality play; establishment of
> valuation and facilitation of trade is its very purpose. Good and bad do
> not correlate with up and down nor with the relative position of either
> party to an exchange.
>
> Finally, going elsewhere is always an option open to any of us whether
> or not we like any question - or in your case, any answer. Before you
> further solidify the foolishness of your suggestion in that regard, it might
> behoove you to recall that it was you who solicited an answer, not any
> another that solicited your question.
>
> Regards,
>
> Len Agoado
> agoado(a)msn.com

A simple question, with Bert giving me a simple answer.

Too much time on your hands, huh?

Say "goodnight," Gracie.

From: Leonard Agoado on

"Notan" <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote

> A simple question, with Bert giving me a simple answer.

Notan,

Yes, Bert did a fine job. My answer had two lines and a URL, so I
understand how its complexity must have overwhelmed you.

> Too much time on your hands, huh?

Self-referential irony isn't your strong suit, is it? But, nope, I
had just the right amount of time. I type very fast. If you wish, I'll
type more slowly so you can keep up.

> Say "goodnight," Gracie.

Goodnight.

Regards,