From: JP on
Does anyone know if Attain version 3.10a is supported on Vista
Jay
From: Rene Gayer on
Hi,
only NAV4.0 SP3 + TechnicalHotfix and NAV5.0 are supported versions on VISTA.
This does not mean that other versions would probably not run….. ;-)
(But I did not try it myself with Attain...........)
Rene

From: JP on
Thank you Rene,
is there any way i can find out if it work?
Jay

From: Rene Gayer on
:-)
Copy the client folder of Attain (if you do not have the install routine) to
VISTA pc and start fin.exe.

Do you use any special interfaces like automation, odbc, application server
etc.? If,try them also!

But attention: If it works
(I think it should……. I only know about a problem with NAV4.0 without
service pack)
and you maybe have later an issue based on this combination Microsoft™ will
not support this case.
Rene

From: David Roys on
You could do a "technical upgrade" to a version that Vista does support. This
would involve opening the database with 4.0 SP3 client (after installing it
on VISTA) and when it asks if you want to upgrade the database, say yes.

After a conversion process, you can now use the old 3.10A application logic
with a 4.0 SP3 (vista compatible) client.

It should be obvious but do not do this on your live system without first
doing thorough testing on a backup of your live system.

Also, as a result of this, you will no longer be able to open the database
with the older client executable.

"JP" wrote:

> Does anyone know if Attain version 3.10a is supported on Vista
> Jay

Pages: 1
Prev: white papers
Next: Post & Print An Invoice