From: Dave Baxter on
I am not experienced re navision, but my boss has tasked me to resolve
the following.

We have a department that is using a disproportionate number of our
navision licences resulting in issues for the other sites when they
try to access.
Is it possible to reserve licences to sites.
Our remote sites are child domains and all logins are domain\user

Thanks for any guidance you can offer

From: Ian C on
Hi Dave,

When you say using a disproportionate number of licenses, do you mean that
users are opening multiple sessions? - Or is it that you simply don't have
enough sessions on your license to cover your concurrent usage needs?

In any case, you may want to take a look at some of the third party products
offered by ExpandIT.
They have a Client Manager utility which may fit your needs. I don't have
any personal experience using it, but I'm sure others on here have.

Here's the URL: http://www.expandit.com/

Hope this helps some.

--
My NAV Blog
http://www.nextequalzero.com

Dynamics NAV Search Engine
http://j.mp/iNAVigate

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/NextEqualZero

From: Dave on
Ian

Thanks for your rapid response

For your info, basically work is being done in NAV which should be
done via another program later in the workflow. Therefore this dept
is using more sessions than we planned for. I understand this is a
training issue but am having no success/ support from the dept manager
changing their processes. I want to limit the number of sessions this
dept can access so as to facilitate a change in how they work, whilst
not inconviencing anyone else.

cheers

From: Boriau Kristiaan on
Hi there
There are a few ways in ultering your current state.
1.// update current license
2.// let admin kill sessions maualy
3.// use the client monitor posted previously
4.// if NAS installed , ask nas to kill all unwanted sessions (program it)
samples can be found on www.mibuso.com
5.//Try using a third party network system ex. citrix

My money is on the NAS and a build in time-idle-kill program

Grtz