From: Emmy on
Hello all,

I just installed Quicken 2003 in my new computer which runs Windows XP. I
made copies of the data from the Quicken 2000 program in my old computer.

I have tried unsuccessfully 6 times to install these files but to no avail.

Could someone give me easy to understand step by step instructions on how to
do transfer these files from a CD into 2003?

Thank you so much,
Emmy

From: Laura on
"Emmy" <ez153(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I just installed Quicken 2003 in my new computer which runs Windows XP. I
> made copies of the data from the Quicken 2000 program in my old computer.
>
> I have tried unsuccessfully 6 times to install these files but to no
> avail.
>
> Could someone give me easy to understand step by step instructions on how
> to do transfer these files from a CD into 2003?
>
> Thank you so much,
> Emmy

I'm not sure what you mean by install these files but try these steps:

Open up My Computer and navigate to the CD.
Copy the Quicken files to your hard drive into some place like "My
Documents".
Navigate to the copied file. right click on it, select Properties and
uncheck the Read-only box.
Now open up Quicken 2003.
Select File>>Open and navigate to the file in My Documents.
Click okay.

This should force Quicken to convert the file from the 2000 format into the
2003 format for you.

From: Emmy on
Thank you Laura, I'll try your suggestion.

From: Bernie on
On 7/14/2005 11:13 AM, Emmy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just installed Quicken 2003 in my new computer which runs Windows XP. I
> made copies of the data from the Quicken 2000 program in my old computer.
>
> I have tried unsuccessfully 6 times to install these files but to no avail.
>
> Could someone give me easy to understand step by step instructions on how to
> do transfer these files from a CD into 2003?
>
> Thank you so much,
> Emmy

In Quicken 2000, use Quicken's Backup to backup your data to the CD.
In Quicken 2003, Restore the backup file from your CD.

Bernie
From: Emmy on
My friends does not have a burner in his old computer. I took his floppies
and burned the data to a cd so he could use that but Quicken did not accept
the files. I tried to have him do what Laura suggested but that didn't
work either. He managed to get as far as going to My Documents and clicking
ok but it just referred him back to My Documents.

He is trying to resign to the fact that he may have to add over 600 items
manually - he's not a happy camper. I have done all I know to do for him.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Or maybe could someone give their phone
number and tell me the best time to call. I could go over to his house,
call you
and see if you can troubleshoot this? I live in San Francisco, Ca so I am
on PDT (it is now 11:13 AM)

Thanks again,
Emmy