From: Robert J. Stevens on
I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier.
I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP
TIA
Bob in Wisconsin
From: Shenan Stanley on
Robert J. Stevens wrote:
> I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier.
> I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Specific to you:
how do I change a drive letter in "Windows XP"
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+do+I+change+a+drive+letter+in+%22Windows+XP%22

The first Microsoft support page for it:
How to change drive letter assignments in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844

Another (non-Microsoft) page showing it:
Changing Drive Letters in Windows XP?
http://www.dougknox.com/tips/xp_drive_letters.htm

Another (non-Microsoft):
How to Change a Drive Letter in Windows XP
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-a-Drive-Letter-in-Windows-XP

Yet Another Microsoft support page for it:
To assign, change, or remove a drive letter
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dm_drive_letter.mspx?mfr=true
Essentially:

As Administrator...

Disk Management --> Right-click the drive in question from the lower half of
the right side of the window --> Change drive letter and paths -->
Change --> Choose the drive letter you want --> Repeat as needed.

If that helped and/or you just want to comment - please - reply to this
indefinitely archived posting.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: philo on

"Robert J. Stevens" <ztrebora(a)execpc.com> wrote in message
>I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier.
> I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP
> TIA
> Bob in Wisconsin

sure

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:e9PBrAX6KHA.420(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl "Shenan Stanley"
<newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
> information on problems you may be having and solutions others have
> found:
>
> Search using Google!

If everyone did that, there'd be practically no traffic in any MS
newsgroup, and where's the fun in that?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Shenan Stanley on

Bert Hyman wrote:
> If everyone did that, there'd be practically no traffic in any MS
> newsgroup, and where's the fun in that?

If no one learns how to help themselves do something - sooner or later those
that have the answers die and you end up in a world like that shown in the
2006 movie "Idiocracy" --> where's the fun in that? ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP