From: Lee989 on

a windows xp computer at my work station is giving the error
message,files corrupted:This computer will shutdown in 1:00 minute.and
then it counts down and then shut down.the computer is restarted an the
same problem repeats itself

--
Lee989
Lee989's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215153.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Shenan Stanley on
Lee989 wrote:
> a windows xp computer at my work station is giving the error
> message,files corrupted:This computer will shutdown in 1:00
> minute.and then it counts down and then shut down.the computer is
> restarted an the same problem repeats itself

Windows XP _____ Edition with Service Pack _, __-Bit?
Antivirus installed?
Last AntiMalwware scan?
Built-in or other firewall in use?

I would suggest scanning with MalwareBytes (free), SuperAntiSpyware (free)
and the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (free) and clean whatever
they find. Perform FULL scans. May have to do it in SAFE MODE.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Richard in AZ on

"Lee989" <Lee989.4aathb(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:Lee989.4aathb(a)DoNotSpam.com...

> a windows xp computer at my work station is giving the error
> message,files corrupted:This computer will shutdown in 1:00 minute.and
> then it counts down and then shut down.the computer is restarted an the
> same problem repeats itself
>

> --
> Lee989
> Lee989's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215153.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1332892.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

You say the computer at "your work station".
Is this a corporate computer?
If so, contact your IT department and do not mess with it.

If it is your personal computer.
Give out more spec's and details about what you are doing at the time of the error.