From: Bob Lucas on
You're welcome.

From: Twayne on
In news:uvO%23lD1DLHA.4928(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
vijuhegde <user(a)msgroups.net/> typed:
> Hi,
>
> This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to
> submit a paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do
> this? Can anyone help me out please?
>
> Thanks.
> Viju
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

You should ask what they mean by "extra hard return". It is an "extra"
hard-return, which is possible, or an "extra-hard" return which at least to
me is meaningless.
A Hard Return is entered by pressing Return.
A Soft Return is entered by pressint CTRL-Return.
You've also not given any indication of the version of your OS or the rev of
Office, or Word, or anything else for that matter.

HTH,

Twayne`

How to Post to a newsgroup:
http://word.mvps.org/findhelp/whichnewgrp.htm
http://www.ehow.com/how_5681_post-newsgroup-internet.html

From: Peter Boulding on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:44:02 -0700, vijuhegde <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote in
<uvO#lD1DLHA.4928(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>:

>Hi,
>
>This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to submit a paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do this? Can anyone help me out please?

You do indeed need to check what it is that you're being asked to achieve.

My guess is that he/she/they want double spacing--i.e. a blank line between
*every* line of text--in the printed copy you submit, so as to leave plenty
of space for the marker's corrections, comments, etc.. If so, before
printing that final copy, select the entire document (Ctrl+A) and then use
Format > Paragraph > Indents and Spacing and set the line spacing drop-down
to "Double".

Note (1): No doubt there's an equivalent--and supposedly more
intuitive--procedure if, God help you, you're using the latest, menuless,
version of Word. But damned if I know what that might be.

Note (2): Word's footnote handling can get pretty buggy with double spacing
applied to a document. If your document contains long footnotes you'd
probably do well to set that drop-down to 1.5 line spacing... I doubt if the
marker will notice the difference.

--
Regards, Peter Boulding
pjbnews1(a)UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")