From: SMS on
Lobster wrote:
> I have a Canon Powershot A710 IS, and as I have a need for some
> wide-angle interior shots, hoped to be able to buy a wide-angle
> attachment for it to do this. I know these are pretty hopeless quality,
> but it would do the job here.

Yes, the quality is between mediocre and abysmal, but if it does the job
then go for it.

You need the Canon LA-DC58G adapter tube (around $25) which gives you a
58mm thread for a lens, then get the Canon Canon WCDC58N Wide Angle
(0.7x) Converter Lens (around $150). That would get you 24.5mm at the
wide end. The Canon solution will get you at least mediocre quality photos.

Unfortunately, there do not appear to be any el-cheapo wide angle
converter lenses with 58mm threads. I don't thing you can use your old
wide angle lens. 58mm to 40mm is just too much of step down ring.

If you can live with abysmal results, then get this:
"http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Telephoto-Angle-Filter-Powershot/dp/B000OFJZW0"

IMVAIO you should think instead of buying something like the Samsung
TL320 ($189 at BuyDig) which has a 24mm lens at the wide end. It's about
the same cost as buying the two Canon pieces, and will give you much
better results than the adapter tube and converter lens kludge.
Unfortunately there are no $100 digital cameras with 24mm at the wide end.

Of course if it's a one time use, you can just rent a D-SLR with a wide
angle lens for a day.
From: ransley on
On Feb 18, 11:37 am, SMS <scharf.ste...(a)geemail.com> wrote:
> Lobster wrote:
> > I have a Canon Powershot A710 IS, and as I have a need for some
> > wide-angle interior shots, hoped to be able to buy a wide-angle
> > attachment for it to do this. I know these are pretty hopeless quality,
> > but it would do the job here.
>
> Yes, the quality is between mediocre and abysmal, but if it does the job
> then go for it.
>
> You need the Canon LA-DC58G adapter tube (around $25) which gives you a
> 58mm thread for a lens, then get the Canon Canon WCDC58N Wide Angle
> (0.7x) Converter Lens (around $150). That would get you 24.5mm at the
> wide end. The Canon solution will get you at least mediocre quality photos.
>
> Unfortunately, there do not appear to be any el-cheapo wide angle
> converter lenses with 58mm threads. I don't thing you can use your old
> wide angle lens. 58mm to 40mm is just too much of step down ring.
>
> If you can live with abysmal results, then get this:
> "http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Telephoto-Angle-Filter-Powershot/dp/B00..."
>
> IMVAIO you should think instead of buying something like the Samsung
> TL320 ($189 at BuyDig) which has a 24mm lens at the wide end. It's about
> the same cost as buying the two Canon pieces, and will give you much
> better results than the adapter tube and converter lens kludge.
> Unfortunately there are no $100 digital cameras with 24mm at the wide end..
>
> Of course if it's a one time use, you can just rent a D-SLR with a wide
> angle lens for a day.

Then explian how dpreview gave it an image quality of 8 in its review.
You cant so quit blowin bs.
From: SMS on
ransley wrote:

> Then explian how dpreview gave it an image quality of 8 in its review.
> You cant so quit blowin bs.

Where is the dpreview of the WCDC58N converter lens? I could not find it
in their lens reviews.
From: LOL! on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:57:16 -0800, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>ransley wrote:
>
>> Then explian how dpreview gave it an image quality of 8 in its review.
>> You cant so quit blowin bs.
>
>Where is the dpreview of the WCDC58N converter lens? I could not find it
>in their lens reviews.

You must feel so lost. Since all your "photography" experience has only
ever come from downloadable manuals and things you read on the net. If it's
printed on the net, it must be true, right? None of your experience ever
coming from actually using the cameras that you spew your role-playing
troll's lies about. Whatever will you do when you can't even find the
information you need to continue to pretend to be a photographer?

LOL!

From: SMS on
ransley wrote:

> Then explian how dpreview gave it an image quality of 8 in its review.
> You cant so quit blowin bs.

Still waiting for the link to where dpreview said that the Canon WCDC58N
Wide Angle Converter Lense had an image quality of "8."

Rather than telling other people to explain things, why don't you start
by at least saying where you got this weird idea.