From: SMS on
ransley wrote:

> Then explian how dpreview gave it an image quality of 8 in its review.
> You cant so quit blowin bs.

We're all still waiting for a link to the dpreview lens test that showed
an image quaility of 8 for the Canon add-on converter lens.
From: SMS on
Lobster wrote:
> I have a Canon Powershot A710 IS, and as I have a need for some
> wide-angle interior shots, hoped to be able to buy a wide-angle
> attachment for it to do this. I know these are pretty hopeless quality,
> but it would do the job here.
>
> Now, I still have the old wide-angle attachment I used to use with my
> previous Canon digital camera (a Powershot A40). This had a similar
> same bayonet-style connector on the body to which an extension tube
> attached (which went completely over the built-in camera lens), with the
> w/a lens screwed on the front of this.
>
> Ideally, I would just re-use the same lens, screwed to an adapter for
> the A710; however as the kit was a gift I have very little info about it
> and/or where to go / what to buy.
>
> The extension tube had a female thread (~40mm?) at the front, and the
> wording "For Canon A40 Adapter 37 Made in Japan". Next a single lens
> screws to that (with the wording 'Macro'); this has a male thread (both
> ~40mm) at either end). Then the w/a lens (with female ~40mm thread) to
> the front - lettering is "Fujiyama 0.45x AF high definition digital lens
> with macro Made in Japan".
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received (even if it's starting from scratch)
> as I don't know where to start!

Just noticed these "http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29640".
You'd still need the Canon LA-DC58G adapter tube for the A710.

As everyone else has stated, the quality of these adapters, even the
best ones, is not very good, but at least this one is cheap.
From: Doc Johnson on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:29:13 -0800, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>Lobster wrote:
>> I have a Canon Powershot A710 IS, and as I have a need for some
>> wide-angle interior shots, hoped to be able to buy a wide-angle
>> attachment for it to do this. I know these are pretty hopeless quality,
>> but it would do the job here.
>>
>> Now, I still have the old wide-angle attachment I used to use with my
>> previous Canon digital camera (a Powershot A40). This had a similar
>> same bayonet-style connector on the body to which an extension tube
>> attached (which went completely over the built-in camera lens), with the
>> w/a lens screwed on the front of this.
>>
>> Ideally, I would just re-use the same lens, screwed to an adapter for
>> the A710; however as the kit was a gift I have very little info about it
>> and/or where to go / what to buy.
>>
>> The extension tube had a female thread (~40mm?) at the front, and the
>> wording "For Canon A40 Adapter 37 Made in Japan". Next a single lens
>> screws to that (with the wording 'Macro'); this has a male thread (both
>> ~40mm) at either end). Then the w/a lens (with female ~40mm thread) to
>> the front - lettering is "Fujiyama 0.45x AF high definition digital lens
>> with macro Made in Japan".
>>
>> Any suggestions gratefully received (even if it's starting from scratch)
>> as I don't know where to start!
>
>Just noticed these "http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29640".
>You'd still need the Canon LA-DC58G adapter tube for the A710.
>
>As everyone else has stated, the quality of these adapters, even the
>best ones, is not very good, but at least this one is cheap.

Boy are you ever late. Images from a wide-angle adapter were already
uploaded that totally proved you to be the inexperienced role-playing
ignorant troll that you truly are. The only thing dull and unsharp around
here is you.