From: BertieBigBollox on
Strange. If I go into netsh>interface and do show interfaces the
interfaces have some strange random 30 char or so names

In network connections, and if I run ipconfig/a they're correct.

Also, tried renaming using netsh and gives error network path not
found.

Any ideas?
From: chuckcar on
"BertieBigBollox(a)gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> Strange. If I go into netsh>interface and do show interfaces the
> interfaces have some strange random 30 char or so names
>
> In network connections, and if I run ipconfig/a they're correct.
>
> Also, tried renaming using netsh and gives error network path not
> found.
>
> Any ideas?

Use *one* thread for your posts of this problem and *one*
followup-to group in your headers?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
From: Peter Foldes on
Bertie

That is by default. All that random names show is the connections that you made over
a period. I do not know the default numbers that XP keeps before flushing the netsh
by itself

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect