From: Ron on
I have 2 pc laptops in different rooms on a wired router. I share the
internet signal through this and it works fine. A few months ago I
upgraded one of the pcs to windows 7. Complete new install on
reformatted discs and re-loaded my most important software. I did not
like windows 7 much and found that a number of my most used programs
did not work with it, so decided to go back to my old XP setup. Again
I did a complete new install on clean drives etc.
The problem is that since then, when I use Outlook express, the first
machine that collects the emails somehow stops the other pc from
collecting the same mails, where I used to just get the same set of
emails to both pcs as long as they were left on the server (Virgin
Media). Both machines are set up with the same outlook properties,
including keeping messages on the server. The only slight difference
is that one will also collect hotmail messages.
Any ideas?
Thanks
From: Peter Foldes on
Crossposted to the outlookexpress.general

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
On both computers:

OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
Delivery | Leave a copy of message on server (check)

OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
Delivery | Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' (check as
appropriate)

On one computer:

OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
Delivery | Remove from server after XX days (set as desired).
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Ron on
Thanks for the info
The settings you suggest are what I have got set up, except at the
moment both pcs are set not to remove from the server at all.
Until I get it sorted out I have been checking on Virgin Media
directly to see what is there and can see that nothing is being
removed.
Can't understand this as before the upgrade it had been working fine
on both pc's for tha last 6 years?

From: Steve Cochran on
Sometimes OE will reset the option to leave the messages on the server, so make sure you double check that the setting is still correct.

steve