From: Rob on
Superman wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I have decided to go with cabling. I got 30m of
> fitted cable and two wall outlets on eBay for less than $30 including
> postage. I didn't know that the cable was so cheap. I had been
> misinformed in that regard.

yep costing - rule of thumb $1 mtr $1ea for the plugs for made up cables.

Cable itself 50c mtr ends 50c ea

or if you find some old cable from a refitted place, thrown out - free
- and there is plenty of that about because they are using higher grades.

I have cabled my place with thrown out cable, bought ends, wall sockets
and a crimping tool etc made small conecting cables all for penuts.
From: Hugh Jeego on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hugh Jeego wrote:
>> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Superman" <"the _man_of_steel wrote

>>> It can be. You can often pick up routers for peanuts second hand.
>
>> REALLY?
>
> Yep, heaps on ebay etc.
>
>> There's quite a few peanuts in Federal Parliament! Good trade, that, I
>> reckon! :)
>
> I bet the person with the router wouldnt agree |-(

Rudd for a router......in USA they pronounce "router" sounding like "rooter"
don't they?

Could make a better slogan that Kevin07!!

From: Hugh Jeego on

"@com" <@here.com> wrote in message

> "Superman" <"the _man_of_steel"@metropolis.com> wrote in message
>> On 5/01/2010 8:42 PM, @com wrote:
>>

>>> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Just bought another one, s/hand this time for $20.
>>> Cheap as chips!
>>
>> wireless? so I can use two routers instead of a router and bridge, can't
>> I?
>>
>> --
> Just one at a time fido.

One each end is fine if he can use ethernet from the device at the far side
to the device. He can hook it to slave off the main one, getting its IP
address from there and on passthrough or he could just manually set the IP
address for the device and router if they both have that facility.

From: Hugh Jeego on

> I have decided to go with cabling. I got 30m of fitted cable and two wall
> outlets on eBay for less than $30 including postage. I didn't realize that
> the cable was that cheap. I had been misinformed in that regard.

There's a cabling place at http://www.4cabling.com.au/ that you may want to
have a look at. 30 metres $15.90. I use them a lot. I live a hell of a
distance away from them and postage has been, at most, $10.

From: Hugh Jeego on

"Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Superman wrote:
>

>> Thanks for your help. I have decided to go with cabling. I got 30m of
>> fitted cable and two wall outlets on eBay for less than $30 including
>> postage. I didn't know that the cable was so cheap. I had been
>> misinformed in that regard.
>>

> yep costing - rule of thumb $1 mtr $1ea for the plugs for made up cables.
>
> Cable itself 50c mtr ends 50c ea

You kidding. 30 metres with all plugs $15.90. Not sure of postage. Could be
as much as $10.

http://www.4cabling.com.au/

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5