From: Jürgen Eidt on
Hello,
I have a hosting with networksolution.com using a windows based environment
using IIS.
My questions is how can I get a functionality like .htaccess on Unix for
redirecting content. Since its a hosted system, I cannot install anything.
Tried adding a web.config, but it seems not processed at all from the web
server.
Any idea what I could do?

Thanks!
J�rgen

From: .._.. on
You can't. You have to do all of that with ASP or something like that.

There isn't a control panel for you to use (web based)? Look around for
options. That's not an unusual request so I am sure they took care of it
somehow.

There are programs that can let you do that, but they have to be installed
on the server.