From: kenseto on
On Aug 10, 3:35 am, harald <h...(a)swissonline.ch> wrote:
> [...]
>

> > On Aug 9, 1:01 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>
> > > New Interpretation for Length Contraction and Length Expansion:
>
> > > 1. The physical length of a meter stick remains the same in all frames
> > > of
> > > reference.
> > > 2. The Light path length of the observer's meter stick is assumed to
> > > be its
> > >     physical length.
> > > 3. The light path length of a moving meter stick is predicted as
> > > follows:
> > >    L_aa=Light path length of the observer's meter stick
> > >    L_ab=Light path length of a moving meter stick as predicted by
> > > observer A.
> > >    Gamma= 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
> > >    A predicts B to be contracted:
> > >    L_ab=L_aa/gamma
> > >    A predicts B to be expanded:
> > >    L_ab=Gamma*L_aa
> > > 4. These interpretations require that every observer to include both
> > > predictions
> > >     for the light   path length of a moving meter stick.
> > > 5. Since light path length is not physical these interpretations will
> > > resolve
> > >     all the paradoxes of SR and LET.
>
> > > A new theory of relativity called IRT includes the above
> > > interpretations. IRT
> > > includes both SR and LET as subsets. However, unlike SRT the equations
> > > of IRT
> > > are valid in all environments, including gravity. A paper on IRT is
> > > available in
> > > the following link:http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> > > Ken Seto
>
> > None of this has any bearing on physics because Ken is speaking a
> > different language, having his own meanings for "physical",
>
> right
>
> > "physical length",
>
> right
>
> > "light path length",
>
> right
>
> > "contracted", "expanded",
>
> not sure
>
> > not to mention
> > "relative velocity",
>
> right
>
> > "vector", "vector component",
>
> probably right
>
> > "acceleration",
>
> probably right
>
> > "universal",
>
> right
>
> > "constant",
>
> probably right
>
> >"measure",
>
> probably right
>
> >"reference frame",
>
> right
>
> > "inertial",
>
> right
>
> > and
> > a whole host of other terms common in physics.
>
> Are you sure you didn't mention them all? ;-)
>
> > While he continues to speak this private language, you will find that
> > nothing he says makes much sense, because you will mistakenly think
> > he's using those words in the manner than physicists do, when in fact

How would you know since you don't know any physics....you even think
that the rate of an observed clock changes because it passes you.

Ken Seto

From: rotchm on
On Aug 9, 4:31 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 1:01 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>

> > New Interpretation for Length Contraction and Length Expansion:
>
> > 1. The physical length of a meter stick remains the same in all frames
> > of
> > reference.
> > 2. The Light path length of the observer's meter stick is assumed to
> > be its
> >     physical length.
> > 3. The light path length of a moving meter stick is predicted as
> > follows:
> >    L_aa=Light path length of the observer's meter stick
> >    L_ab=Light path length of a moving meter stick as predicted by
> > observer A.
> >    Gamma= 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
> >    A predicts B to be contracted:
> >    L_ab=L_aa/gamma
> >    A predicts B to be expanded:
> >    L_ab=Gamma*L_aa
> > 4. These interpretations require that every observer to include both
> > predictions
> >     for the light   path length of a moving meter stick.
> > 5. Since light path length is not physical these interpretations will
> > resolve
> >     all the paradoxes of SR and LET.
>
> > A new theory of relativity called IRT includes the above
> > interpretations. IRT
> > includes both SR and LET as subsets. However, unlike SRT the equations
> > of IRT
> > are valid in all environments, including gravity. A paper on IRT is
> > available in
> > the following link:http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> > Ken Seto
>
> None of this has any bearing on physics because Ken is speaking a
> different language, having his own meanings for "physical", "physical
> length",

<SNIP>

Very true. seto is using a completely different language and different
definitions than the usual physics definitions.

But on a sidenote, physicist have been doing this too which is why
many are confused on the meanings of length, time, etc.

Take for example time. In ~1905 its meaning has been changed (remember
what Newton and Poincare said about this...?). It used to be the
Newtonian time. Then it was redefined to todays concept of time w/o
emphasizing it to anyone. From there SR has been misinterpreted and
convoluted to those who do not know better. The 'second' and 'meter'
have been redefined many times too. 'Mass' has been called 'mass',
then seperated into two: 'proper mass' and 'relativistic mass'. Then
w/o advising anyone, 'relativistic mass' has been thrown out the door
and 'proper mass' has been redefined to be just 'mass'.

No wonder many are confused and steered in the wrong direction by
modern physics.
Its not 'bad' to redefine concepts if it makes physics simple. What is
bad is that these redefintions are not made explicit nor clear.

From: kenseto on
On Aug 10, 9:48 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 7:23 am, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:

> > > None of this has any bearing on physics because Ken is speaking a
> > > different language, having his own meanings for "physical", "physical
> > > length", "light path length",
>
> > Hey idiot you invented a new meaning for physical contraction that is
> > between material contraction and geometric projection contraction.
>
> Nobody invented anything but you, Ken.

You did....you asserted that physical contraction can mean both
material contraction and geometric projection effect.

Ken Seto

>You just never asked to find
> out what the definitions of these terms are.
> So you made up your own, and when you were told these were wrong, you
> assumed that others had made up new ones. They are not new ones. They
> are the old ones.
>
> > Even Tom Roberts disagree with you ....He said that length contraction
> > in Sr does not mean that the moving ruler is contracted physically.
>
> No, he did NOT say that. He said that it is a geometric effect, and
> geometric effects have physical consequences. You cannot even
> comprehend what is told you.

Yes he said that. Geometric projection effect has no physical
consequence....iow rotating a ruler does not effect the material/
physical length of the ruler. Your problem is that you want to
perpetuating the bogus idea that a moving ruler is contracted
physically/materially. It is not in SR.

Ken Seto

From: kenseto on
On Aug 10, 11:16 am, rotchm <rot...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 4:31 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 9, 1:01 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>
> > > New Interpretation for Length Contraction and Length Expansion:
>
> > > 1. The physical length of a meter stick remains the same in all frames
> > > of
> > > reference.
> > > 2. The Light path length of the observer's meter stick is assumed to
> > > be its
> > >     physical length.
> > > 3. The light path length of a moving meter stick is predicted as
> > > follows:
> > >    L_aa=Light path length of the observer's meter stick
> > >    L_ab=Light path length of a moving meter stick as predicted by
> > > observer A.
> > >    Gamma= 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
> > >    A predicts B to be contracted:
> > >    L_ab=L_aa/gamma
> > >    A predicts B to be expanded:
> > >    L_ab=Gamma*L_aa
> > > 4. These interpretations require that every observer to include both
> > > predictions
> > >     for the light   path length of a moving meter stick.
> > > 5. Since light path length is not physical these interpretations will
> > > resolve
> > >     all the paradoxes of SR and LET.
>
> > > A new theory of relativity called IRT includes the above
> > > interpretations. IRT
> > > includes both SR and LET as subsets. However, unlike SRT the equations
> > > of IRT
> > > are valid in all environments, including gravity. A paper on IRT is
> > > available in
> > > the following link:http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> > > Ken Seto
>
> > None of this has any bearing on physics because Ken is speaking a
> > different language, having his own meanings for "physical", "physical
> > length",
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Very true. seto is using a completely different language and different
> definitions than the usual physics definitions.

No...My usage of terms are according to the defintions the dictionary.
In the cases where I use a term different than that of the dictionary
I define the term clearly. For example: I said length contraction is
not material/physical but rather the light path length of a moving
ruler is predicted to be contracted or expanded.
I don't have to stick to what physicists say about a certain term as
long as I define what the term mean in my theory.

Ken Seto

From: Stamenin on
On Aug 9, 11:01 am, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
> New Interpretation for Length Contraction and Length Expansion:
>
> 1. The physical length of a meter stick remains the same in all frames
> of
> reference.
> 2. The Light path length of the observer's meter stick is assumed to
> be its
>     physical length.
> 3. The light path length of a moving meter stick is predicted as
> follows:
>    L_aa=Light path length of the observer's meter stick
>    L_ab=Light path length of a moving meter stick as predicted by
> observer A.
>    Gamma= 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
>    A predicts B to be contracted:
>    L_ab=L_aa/gamma
>    A predicts B to be expanded:
>    L_ab=Gamma*L_aa
> 4. These interpretations require that every observer to include both
> predictions
>     for the light   path length of a moving meter stick.
> 5. Since light path length is not physical these interpretations will
> resolve
>     all the paradoxes of SR and LET.
>
> A new theory of relativity called IRT includes the above
> interpretations. IRT
> includes both SR and LET as subsets. However, unlike SRT the equations
> of IRT
> are valid in all environments, including gravity. A paper on IRT is
> available in
> the following link:http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> Ken Seto

The length contraction is a wrong conclusion obtained by the wrongly
use of the errant LT. It is a shame for all participants in these
discussions to not understand this simple question. If you use the GT
this error do not appears.