From: cwulz on
I'm wondering if somebody knows of a really good setup to have.
Something that can play to an audience of about 1000 people outside
but will be mostly used for bars. I sort of want to go with the
poweramp and separate mixer. and I want new mics and speakers too.
Lets assume theres no real money limit But I'd still like to keep it
under about 6000 Any new suggestions???

From: Q on

<cwulz(a)cox.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> I'm wondering if somebody knows of a really good setup to have.
> Something that can play to an audience of about 1000 people outside
> but will be mostly used for bars. I sort of want to go with the
> poweramp and separate mixer. and I want new mics and speakers too.
> Lets assume theres no real money limit But I'd still like to keep it
> under about 6000 Any new suggestions???

It really also depends what kind of music you are playing.. IOW you can get
away with a considerably smaller system if you are doing jazz, folk etc. but
if you want to do rock and roll, metal etc. you are looking at something
much bigger that probably wouldnt work well if scaled down to bar level..

I'd suggest looking for something that would cover 80-90% of your gigs and
make a deal with a local sound company to cover the outdoor shows etc...
Theres no point in spending loads of money on a system that will only be
doing 5 shows per year..

The Yamaha Club series seem to offer good bang for the buck for bar level
stuff..

/peter

From: TimPerry on
cwulz(a)cox.net wrote:
> I'm wondering if somebody knows of a really good setup to have.
> Something that can play to an audience of about 1000 people outside
> but will be mostly used for bars. I sort of want to go with the
> poweramp and separate mixer. and I want new mics and speakers too.
> Lets assume theres no real money limit But I'd still like to keep it
> under about 6000 Any new suggestions???

I'd suggest you first look at contracting out on the larger outdoor stuff
and concentrate on the bar rig for the regular jobs.

let me give you a for example list:

mixer: soundcraft LX7 (24 or 32 depending on size of show)
EQ: Behringer DEQ2486
crossover/process: Behringer DCX2496
amps: Behringer EP2500
speakers top: JBL MRX525 (2x 15" -horn @800W ea 4 ohms)
speakers sub: single or double 18"
speakers floor mon: JBL JRX112M
mics: Audix OM-5
effects: lexicon MX-200 and/or Behringer v-verb

this list is base on stuff i use that to the best of my knowledge is
currently available.
the list of stuff you end up with will be the result of budget,
availability, and personal preference.

it would help to know size of band and type of music. i am assuming a 4 to 5
pc rock or country combo.

From: tbmoas58 on

<cwulz(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm wondering if somebody knows of a really good setup to have.
> Something that can play to an audience of about 1000 people outside
> but will be mostly used for bars. I sort of want to go with the
> poweramp and separate mixer. and I want new mics and speakers too.
> Lets assume theres no real money limit But I'd still like to keep it
> under about 6000 Any new suggestions???

RENT

a 6K budget is about 5x to little for a powerful reliable versitile system
for what you describe

the snake alone for a 1000 people outdoor will cost half your budget

From: Ian on
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 15:13:32 -0700, cwulz(a)cox.net wrote:

>I'm wondering if somebody knows of a really good setup to have.
>Something that can play to an audience of about 1000 people outside
>but will be mostly used for bars.

Dozens spring to mind, a couple of my favourites are the Dynacord
Cobra line array and the HK Projectors for audiences of that size.
Shame they are well beyond your budget but they are very very good to
have and use.

> I sort of want to go with the
>poweramp and separate mixer. and I want new mics and speakers too.
>Lets assume theres no real money limit But I'd still like to keep it
>under about 6000 Any new suggestions???

Back down to reality you go. Frankly with such a small budget I'd
suggest hiring a rig while saving up at least 15K to get yourself in
to a quality smaller rig.

Using a rig outdoors sucks the bottom end out powerwise, so you'll
need a pretty beefy system. I'd suggest you seriously rethink your
requirement to use passive speakers a crossover and power amps for the
FOH side of the rig.

If you can forget the need to passive FOH speakers you can get
something like this:

2 x B-52 LX18AV2 self powered subs
2 x B-52 ACT-1515X 2 x 15" + horn active cabs

I note with interest that a certain well known online dealer can
supply the above for a bit over $4,000

Desk: Soundcraft LX 7ii - 24ch. (that is 24 mic inputs + 2 stereo
input chanels + CD/Tape input).
Reverb: Lexicon MX200
EQ: Behringer DEQ248

That lot above would chew up your 6K.

I'd then suggest hiring in monitors and microphones/stands and so on
until you can afford your own.

Ian
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2