From: tbmoas58 on
got the desk tuesday last week
went straight to 3 day city wide Polish Music Festivalin the center of
Syracuse
many high profile grammy winning and nominated acts
pro touring dance troupes and a dozen local favorites
speechs, awards, and general festival festivities

the Ls 9 is SUPER faster than traditional
clean FoH
one thing I noticed is how open and full the sound was compared to the 852 I
used last time
the fact I did not have to divert my attention to racks when dialing in
comps and rfx was a HUGE plus

in a tight situation just put the pres(head amps in yamaha speak) to 12
oclock push upthe faders and your 95% of the way to a mix

only down side , as with any lcd or indicator light is without shade the
display would have been useless

so if your not carrying shelters this would be a problem
but If your not carrying shelters you shouldn't be at outdoor events

did not go ethernet yet but will shortly

the extensive metering, logical layout, super simple fast user interface,
small size
all made me belive that I made not just a great decision but the best
decision in avoiding the old dinosaurs like the pm 4000's and Europa's that
were price comparable to thr ls9/32

I doubt I will be carrying any analouge mixers outside of my behringer 802's
any more
the ls9 is seriously the best desk I could imaging owning for the jobs I do

I bet a mc7 is going to join me next year

Way to go Yamaha you hit the nail on the head with this desk
George

From: Denny Conn on
tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

> Way to go Yamaha you hit the nail on the head with this desk
> George.

I'm lovin' mine, too! I was astounded at how goos it sounds and I love
the ease of use. We killed 2 FOH processing/FX racks that were taking
up space that could be sold by using the LS9. The city bought me a new
laptop to use w/ it, and I'm starting to train the other engineers here
tomorrow. Check out the review in the May 2007 Pro Audio Review...they
basically say it compares favorably with not only the M7, but even the
PM5!

--------->Denny

--
Life begins at 60...1.060, that is.
From: tbmoas58 on

"Denny Conn" <denny.g.conn(a)ci.eugene.or.us> wrote in message
> tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:
>
>> Way to go Yamaha you hit the nail on the head with this desk
>> George.
>
> I'm lovin' mine, too! I was astounded at how goos it sounds and I love
> the ease of use. We killed 2 FOH processing/FX racks that were taking
> up space that could be sold by using the LS9. The city bought me a new
> laptop to use w/ it, and I'm starting to train the other engineers here
> tomorrow. Check out the review in the May 2007 Pro Audio Review...they
> basically say it compares favorably with not only the M7, but even the
> PM5!

I did do something bad on my LS that I never did on a old school desk
the on/off for the 1st stereo channelis right next to the on/off for the L/R
master out
I hit the master OFF instead of the Stereo(efx) off and killed the house
it took me about 5 loooooooong seconds before I figured out what I'd done

:-)

From: Denny Conn on
tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

> I did do something bad on my LS that I never did on a old school desk
> the on/off for the 1st stereo channelis right next to the on/off for the L/R
> master out
> I hit the master OFF instead of the Stereo(efx) off and killed the house
> it took me about 5 loooooooong seconds before I figured out what I'd done
>
> :-)

:)! Yeah, but you coulda done that on an analog board, too, so ya can't
blame it on the 9!

---------->Denny
--
Life begins at 60...1.060, that is.
From: michael gaster on
<tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message

> I did do something bad on my LS that I never did on a old school desk
> the on/off for the 1st stereo channelis right next to the on/off for the
> L/R master out
> I hit the master OFF instead of the Stereo(efx) off and killed the house
> it took me about 5 loooooooong seconds before I figured out what I'd done
>
> :-)

USER DEFINED KEYS
--
Michael Gaster