From: non-biz on
I have some R&D cases wedges loaded with a 2226h 15" ventagap woofer
and a 2426h comp 1" exit driver. The HF is protected by a 1 amp fuse
and i want to change them over to a lightbulb type circuit. The
amplifier used for these wedges is a QSC EX4000 rated at 1250w/side @
4ohms. I am needing advice on lamp # to handle protecting the HF
drivers from burnout, but not starve them for power.

Thanks in advance to all for your help.

Eric WHite
Pro Audio Services

From: Bob Urz on

non-biz(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I have some R&D cases wedges loaded with a 2226h 15" ventagap woofer
> and a 2426h comp 1" exit driver. The HF is protected by a 1 amp fuse
> and i want to change them over to a lightbulb type circuit. The
> amplifier used for these wedges is a QSC EX4000 rated at 1250w/side @
> 4ohms. I am needing advice on lamp # to handle protecting the HF
> drivers from burnout, but not starve them for power.
>
> Thanks in advance to all for your help.
>
> Eric WHite
> Pro Audio Services

Start with at least two 12volt automotive dome lamp bulbs in parallel
(with each other) then the combination in series with the HF and go
from there.

Bob

From: Phil Allison on

" White Man"

> I have some R&D cases wedges loaded with a 2226h 15" ventagap woofer
> and a 2426h comp 1" exit driver. The HF is protected by a 1 amp fuse
> and i want to change them over to a lightbulb type circuit.

** Must have a schem of the passive crossover to analyse. Lamps must go
AHEAD of the crossover - not in series with the horn driver itself or
their effectiveness is lost.

....... Phil

From: Phil Allison on

"Bob Errs"

> Start with at least two 12volt automotive dome lamp bulbs in parallel
> (with each other) then the combination in series with the HF and go from
> there.

** Ridiculous.

...... Phil

From: non-biz on

> ** Must have a schem of the passive crossover to analyse. Lamps must go
> AHEAD of the crossover - not in series with the horn driver itself or
> their effectiveness is lost.
>
> ...... Phil

Please explain wht this is more effective to put it ahead of the xover
and how when in series with the voice coil its ineffective.

Bob- thanks but i need a little more data on dome lamps to make a good
decision to do that. Maybe ii need to grab some lamps, scope and a
pulse gen to emperically determine the lamps i need.

Thanks -eric

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: first gig on ls9
Next: Peavey Subcompact 18 - Black Widow