From: liquidator on
On Jun 14, 11:43 am, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> liquidator wrote:
> > Graham is a total twit. I probably have done a hundred gigs for every
> > one he's done- and blown less drivers.
>
> The above was about the local venue who have various ppl doing the sound engineeringand
> the gear gets hammered sometimes. It needs to be 'gorilla proof' and DJ proof. too
> actually.
>
> I've very rarely blown drivers. In fact I can only think of one occasion where two went.
> They weren't protected. Rather fragile RCF units.
>
> Graham

I would be glad to pass on to touring engineers I know that you say
you must have lamps or you will blow drivers. they need a good laugh.

Yes I know there are dummies out there- i just avoid them I don't need
the miniscule income.

On the other hand I will gladly sell them parts at list.
We can just drop it with you don't need lamps if you know what you do,
I'd rather see people learn correctly instead of rely on idiot
devices. the aren't necessary. i can see them being useul if you rent
to DJ's.

In my case we always took credit card authorizations. They blow it,
they pay to fix it. be surprised how quickly they learn when they have
to pay.

From: liquidator on
On Jun 14, 11:45 am, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> liquidator wrote:
> > If the OP really wants lamps, just buy Eminence crossovers- they
> > already have lamps and are cheap.
>
> Very small lamps designed to protect their APT series tweeters, not an 80W JBL driver.
>
> Don't lecture about hardware- you haven't a clue about it.
>
> Graham

Obviously you have not a clue about hardware, Eminece makes lots of
crossovers beside the Apt.

You are the one whose company went bankrupt. Didn't learn did you?

From: BOB Urz "sound" on

Phil Allison wrote:

> On the many such installations I have engineered over the past 25 years, even
> with disco music programme played at DEAFENING levels, there is no visible
> lamp glow.
>
> ...... Phil

So, if you engineered these systems what types and form factors
of protection lamps were you using?

Bob

From: Phil Allison on

"BOB ERRS"

> Phil Allison wrote:
>

>> On the many such installations I have engineered over the past 25 years,
>> even
>> with disco music programme played at DEAFENING levels, there is no
>> visible
>> lamp glow.
>>

> So, if you engineered these systems what types and form factors
> of protection lamps were you using?

** Tungsten filament, glass envelope.

Go away - IDIOT !

........ Phil

From: Phil Allison on

"Eeysore"

> Phildo is the local clown / village idiot.

** Phildo is a child killer and complete psychopath.

Much like any other DJ and FOH knob twiddler.

> He's never been the same after a near-death experience from over-eating.

** The surgeon tried to bump him off.

But total arseholes like him are hard to kill.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: first gig on ls9
Next: Peavey Subcompact 18 - Black Widow