From: non-biz on
Also - i dont have a schematic of the xover, its a generic looking one
that is not JBL or any decent manufacturer. Its on a blue paper type
PCB and looks like a radioshack special. No silkscreen or solder mask
just bare copper traces. From what i was told, its a 2k x-over 6db/oct
slope .

From: non-biz on
Phil, when you say effectiveness is lost, do you mean the effectivness
of the crossover?? I can see how the lamp would change the loading of
the passive xover and change its frequency point constantly. I will
continue to run these full range and not biamp active thru a
processor. Will a polyswitch be any better choice?

THanks again -eric

From: Phil Allison on

"White Man Asinine Fool"

> Also - i dont have a schematic of the xover, its a generic looking one
> that is not JBL or any decent manufacturer. Its on a blue paper type
> PCB and looks like a radioshack special. No silkscreen or solder mask
> just bare copper traces. From what i was told, its a 2k x-over 6db/oct
> slope .

** That JBL horn driver needs an 18 dB/ oct filter.

Get a real x-over - cos that ratshack one ain't.

......... Phil

From: non-biz on
- we posted at the same time.

From: Phil Allison on
"White Man Arrogant Fool"

** Do not post in mid air like this.

Read what has been posted already.

> Phil, when you say effectiveness is lost, do you mean the effectiveness
> of the crossover??

** Read what has been posted already.

> I can see how the lamp would change the loading of
> the passive xover and change its frequency point constantly.

** Read what has been posted already.

I will
> continue to run these full range and not biamp active thru a
> processor. Will a polyswitch be any better choice?

** No - much worse since it goes very high impedance when it trips and
silences the driver instead of simply proving a bit of amplitude
compression.

....... Phil

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: first gig on ls9
Next: Peavey Subcompact 18 - Black Widow