From: Gareth Magennis on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> non-biz(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> I have some R&D cases wedges loaded with a 2226h 15" ventagap woofer
>> and a 2426h comp 1" exit driver. The HF is protected by a 1 amp fuse
>> and i want to change them over to a lightbulb type circuit. The
>> amplifier used for these wedges is a QSC EX4000 rated at 1250w/side @
>> 4ohms. I am needing advice on lamp # to handle protecting the HF
>> drivers from burnout, but not starve them for power.
>
> Without checking the exact power rating of the 2426, I'd initially be
> looking at
> something in the region of a 24V 50/55W halogen 'truck headlight bulb' for
> this.
>
> Graham

And make sure you don't set your wedge on fire with them!

Gareth.

From: Eeyore on

Gareth Magennis wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> > non-biz(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> >> I have some R&D cases wedges loaded with a 2226h 15" ventagap woofer
> >> and a 2426h comp 1" exit driver. The HF is protected by a 1 amp fuse
> >> and i want to change them over to a lightbulb type circuit. The
> >> amplifier used for these wedges is a QSC EX4000 rated at 1250w/side @
> >> 4ohms. I am needing advice on lamp # to handle protecting the HF
> >> drivers from burnout, but not starve them for power.
> >
> > Without checking the exact power rating of the 2426, I'd initially be
> > looking at something in the region of a 24V 50/55W halogen 'truck headlight
> > bulb' for this.
>

> And make sure you don't set your wedge on fire with them!

The protection lamps flashing in the floor monitors at the local venue have
often worried bands they're about to catch fire. I've had quite seriously
concerned comments about this.

Graham

From: Gareth Magennis on

> Gareth Magennis wrote:

>> > Without checking the exact power rating of the 2426, I'd initially be
>> > looking at something in the region of a 24V 50/55W halogen 'truck
>> > headlight
>> > bulb' for this.
>>

>> And make sure you don't set your wedge on fire with them!
>
> The protection lamps flashing in the floor monitors at the local venue
> have
> often worried bands they're about to catch fire. I've had quite seriously
> concerned comments about this.
>

> Graham

I've seen crispy black acoustic wadding before now too. Mustn't have smelt
too good onstage.

Gareth.

From: Phil Allison on

"Gareth Magennis"

> I've seen crispy black acoustic wadding before now too. Mustn't have
> smelt too good onstage.

** Smells a lot better than burning enamel on the voice coil of a $400 JBL
horn driver.

....... Phil

From: Eeyore on

non-biz(a)hotmail.com wrote:

> Will a polyswitch be any better choice?

No. They abruptly 'cut out' the sound when used on their own and probably won't
reset.

Graham

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: first gig on ls9
Next: Peavey Subcompact 18 - Black Widow