From: Bob Urz on

Phil Allison wrote:

>>>On the many such installations I have engineered over the past 25 years,
>>>even
>>>with disco music programme played at DEAFENING levels, there is no
>>>visible
>>>lamp glow.
>>>

>>So, if you engineered these systems what types and form factors
>>of protection lamps were you using?
>

> ** Tungsten filament, glass envelope.

Well, that leaves only a million possibilities.
Why don't you share the type and models you used,
the wattage, voltage, and other identifiers.

Bob

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> >
> > I've very rarely blown drivers. In fact I can only think of one occasion where > two went.
>
> > They weren't protected. Rather fragile RCF units.
>

> I would be glad to pass on to touring engineers I know that you say
> you must have lamps or you will blow drivers. they need a good laugh.

I never said such a thing. Just typical of you to misrepresent the facts.

None of the drivers in my own rig had protection bulbs. The incident I mention was the result
of getting a bit carried away once.

The driver protection in the local venue's rig is to protect the equipment from potential
abuse from unknown sound engineers. It works and it saves unnecessary expense.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Eeyorewrote:
> > liquidator wrote:
> > > If the OP really wants lamps, just buy Eminence crossovers- they
> > > already have lamps and are cheap.
> >
> > Very small lamps designed to protect their APT series tweeters, not an 80W > JBL driver.
>

> > Don't lecture about hardware- you haven't a clue about it.
>
> Obviously you have not a clue about hardware, Eminece makes lots of
> crossovers beside the Apt.

All the Eminence crossovers with protection bulbs use the same 'festoon' type bulb that they
recommend for the APT drivers.

No Eminence crossover / filter has bulb protection suitable for an 80W driver.

As I said, don't lecture about hardware - you'll just make an idiot of yourself.

> You are the one whose company went bankrupt. Didn't learn did you?

No company of mine has ever gone bankrupt / insolvent.

Graham

From: liquidator on
On Jun 15, 4:23 am, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> liquidator wrote:
> > Eeyore wrote:
>
> > > I've very rarely blown drivers. In fact I can only think of one occasion where > two went.
>
> > > They weren't protected. Rather fragile RCF units.
>
> > I would be glad to pass on to touring engineers I know that you say
> > you must have lamps or you will blow drivers. they need a good laugh.
>
> I never said such a thing. Just typical of you to misrepresent the facts.
>
> None of the drivers in my own rig had protection bulbs. The incident I mention was the result
> of getting a bit carried away once.
>
> The driver protection in the local venue's rig is to protect the equipment from potential
> abuse from unknown sound engineers. It works and it saves unnecessary expense.
>
> Graham

You said-

> others are cutting them out of the boxes,

So they can blow the drivers up ? That's what happens when you do.
Seen it plenty of
times. It something that idiots do.

Pretty damn close.

Pro systems don't use those silly lights by and large. It's for
amateur toy systems.

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> You said-
>
> > others are cutting them out of the boxes,

Not me.

Check the thread.

Graham

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: first gig on ls9
Next: Peavey Subcompact 18 - Black Widow