From: Folderol on
I've just got a brand new Xerox Phaser 6110N colour printer.

I was able to install the Xerox drivers but when trying to connect the
printer with linux-config (as root) I get the error:

add-printer failed: client-error-not-authorized

This is true even if I try to tell it to print to file.

However, using my browser pointed to localhost:631 I was able to set up
the printer apparently without difficulty over the network.

The problem I now have is that the print is *far* too dense and colours
so dark as to be ridiculous.

Using kprinter to look at the image settings I tried altering the
brightness and gamma correction from their default settings. The printer
seemed to ignore this :(

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm running on debian lenny

--