From: John on
I want to create a data base here in Access however I have never used it
before, So i dont know if these things are possible and what forms are the
best to use if this is possible. I have been using Excel which i am pretty
familiar with. Each tab I have a listing of different reports. One reports
lists all the deposits for every company that uses a specific product. Right
now this is about 30,000 + rows. THen i have another 5-6 different places
where I report things. I want to see if I can move these into ACCESS.

This is what I want to do.
First I want to enter all the companies and what specific services they use
SEcond I want repot all the deposits
Then I want to bring in all the other reports.

Then is is possible for me to create a report for one specific company?
Say, I want to get all their basic information, (i.e. name address) and then
on the same page it prints reports of the different services they are using
and how often? Is this possible in access?

Sorry for the long winded question but i really want to get this up and going.

Thanks in advance.
From: Steve on
Access has a long learning curve. There's quite a bit you need to learn to
do what you describe here. You said you never used Access but you want to
get this database up and running (soon I presume); the reality is "it ain't
gonna happen". I would like to build the database for you. I provide help
with Access, Excel and Word applications for a very modest fee. Contact me
and let's get your database up and running.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Stop$teve on

"Steve" <notmyemail(a)address.com> schreef in bericht news:%23htIPK0qKHA.5736(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Access has a long learning curve. There's quite a bit you need to learn to do what you describe here. You said you never used
> Access but you want to get this database up and running (soon I presume); the reality is "it ain't gonna happen". I would like to
> build the database for you. I provide help with Access, Excel and Word applications for a very modest fee. Contact me and let's
> get your database up and running.

Remember ???

"I judiciously chose who to offer fee-based help to based on whether it appears highly unlikely that the poster will get a solution
from the newsgroup."

--
Get lost $teve. Go away... far away....

Again... Get lost $teve. Go away... far away....
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...

This newsgroup is meant for FREE help..
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...
OP look at http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
(Website has been updated and has a new 'look'... we have passed 11.000 pageloads... it's a shame !!)

Arno R

From: John... Visio MVP on
"Steve" <notmyemail(a)address.com> wrote in message
> Access has a long learning curve. There's quite a bit you need to learn to
> do what you describe here. You said you never used Access but you want to
> get this database up and running (soon I presume); the reality is "it
> ain't gonna happen". I would like to build the database for you. I provide
> help with Access, Excel and Word applications for a very modest fee.
> Contact me and let's get your database up and running.
>
> Steve
> santus(a)penn.com

Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not
understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!
He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices.

These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support.
There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie
is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of
"FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he
was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be
flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he
needs to constantly grovel for work.

John... Visio MVP

From: John... Visio MVP on
"John" <John(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a data base here in Access however I have never used it
> before, So i dont know if these things are possible and what forms are the
> best to use if this is possible. I have been using Excel which i am
> pretty
> familiar with. Each tab I have a listing of different reports. One
> reports
> lists all the deposits for every company that uses a specific product.
> Right
> now this is about 30,000 + rows. THen i have another 5-6 different places
> where I report things. I want to see if I can move these into ACCESS.
>
> This is what I want to do.
> First I want to enter all the companies and what specific services they
> use
> SEcond I want repot all the deposits
> Then I want to bring in all the other reports.
>
> Then is is possible for me to create a report for one specific company?
> Say, I want to get all their basic information, (i.e. name address) and
> then
> on the same page it prints reports of the different services they are
> using
> and how often? Is this possible in access?
>
> Sorry for the long winded question but i really want to get this up and
> going.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Be careful about responding to steve. He is not qualified enough to compete
in a fair market so he preys on unsuspecting posters in a free advice
newsgroup offering questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he was
any good, his repeat business should keep him busy.

John... Visio MVP