From: Lionel on

Coupled with sharing the task lists this would become a very handy (dare I
productivity enhancing tool),
especially for people in different timezones.....

I've just switched over to office 2007 and outwardly (apart from moving the
menus around) it looks kind
of the same. So if MS can spent money on that........

From: Fred on
Here is a way to create subcategories for outlook tasks. Using this method
you can view your tasks by category and subcategory.

Add a new Subcategory field to a Task folder like this (Outlook 2003):
Open a Task.
Tools > Forms > Design this form
Select All Fields tab.
Click New.
Define your new field as follows:

Name: CategoryLevel2
Type: Text
Format: Text

Save and close the task

Create a view grouped by categories and subcategories:

View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views
Select the "By Category" row
Select "Copy"
Enter a new name "Hierarchy"
Select OK

Group By
( "Group items by" should contain "Categories" )
In the "Select available fields from" box, select "User-defined fields
in this folder"
In the first "Then by" box, select the new category "Category2" and
"Show field in view"
Select OK

Select Apply View

You should now see a view grouped by category and subcategory.

You can enter categories and subcategories within the fields in the view.
You can also drag and drop between categories and subcategories.

Other recommendations:
Filter out the completed tasks
Sort by priority and/or subject

(adapted from http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/subcats.htm)