From: Kirk Bubul on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:03:17 +0100, "Donald Lessau" <don(a)oflex.com>
wrote:

>> * Can anyone recommend a great file management software with more
>> features ?
>>

>XYplorer. Similar to Explorer, but more features.
>http://www.xyplorer.com/

Does Xyplorer support Windows 7 64-bit? (I'm looking to replace my
PowerDesk Pro 7 that is 32-bit only; it freezes my Windows 7)

Kirk
From: Donald Lessau on

"Kirk Bubul" <khbubul(a)bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:03:17 +0100, "Donald Lessau" <don(a)oflex.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> * Can anyone recommend a great file management software with more
>>> features ?
>>>

>>XYplorer. Similar to Explorer, but more features.
>>http://www.xyplorer.com/
>>
> Does Xyplorer support Windows 7 64-bit? (I'm looking to replace my
> PowerDesk Pro 7 that is 32-bit only; it freezes my Windows 7)

Yes, it does. XYplorer itself is 32-bit, but Windows 7 64-bit of course
supports 32-bit applications. BTW, you can try XYplorer 30 days for free.
Since it is portable you can easily and completely remove it by simply
deleting the files if you eventually don't like it.

From: Bill in Co. on
thanatoid wrote:
> <JoJo> wrote in news:#vVSVmbqKHA.1936(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> Over the years Windows Explorer has been a great file
>> management software for me.
>> But there are some important features that are missing.
>
> That is /major/ understatement.
>
> Windows Explorer is NOT a file manager.

Nonsense.

> It is a torture device
> whose primary function is to prevent a new computer user from
> understanding the basic principles of file and directory
> organization, to keep him/her as ignorant as possible, and to
> allow only the most basic of functions, the execution of which
> is designed to be as troublesome as possible.

If he is so ignorant he can't use Windows Explorer, he doesn't deserve to
use a computer.

Total Commander is more bloatware. I suppose you liked Norton Commander?

From: boatman312 on

> If he is so ignorant he can't use Windows Explorer, he doesn't deserve to
> use a computer.
>
> Total Commander is more bloatware. I suppose you liked Norton Commander?

Bloatware??? Have you ever tried it? Up until the last version, it fit
on a friggin'
floppy disk. On my computer, it loads in under a second. With 10 drive
tabs open.
Yes, it's powerful, but the simple operations are easy, with mouse or
keyboard shortcuts.
A lot easier than with Windows Explorer.

From: thanatoid on
"Bill in Co." <not_really_here(a)earthlink.net> wrote in

> thanatoid wrote:

<SNIP>

> If he is so ignorant he can't use Windows Explorer, he
> doesn't deserve to use a computer.

A monkey could use WE. And wouldn't know it's better not to.

> Total Commander is more bloatware. I suppose you liked
> Norton Commander?

I used XtreeGold, I never used NC but I know that it was a
considerable improvement over the MS-DOS command line AFA file
mgmt - you obviously have no clue what that even is. How many
partitions do you have? Do you even know what a partition IS?

You are a perfect example of the morons XP and 6/6.1 (AKA Bob
2/2.1) were designed for.

--
The lonely child plays with eternity, while a gang of children
plays with time.