From: JoJo on
Hello:

Over the years Windows Explorer has been a great file management software
for me.
But there are some important features that are missing.

* Can anyone recommend a great file management software with more
features ?

Thanks.

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:#vVSVmbqKHA.1936(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl <JoJo> wrote:

> Over the years Windows Explorer has been a great file management
> software for me.
> But there are some important features that are missing.

For example?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:59:30 -0500, <JoJo> wrote:

> Over the years Windows Explorer has been a great file management software
> for me.
> But there are some important features that are missing.

What features do you think are missing?

> * Can anyone recommend a great file management software with more
> features ?

Answer the question above and maybe I or someone else can make a
suggestion for you.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Doum on
"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> �crivait

> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:59:30 -0500, <JoJo> wrote:
>
>> Over the years Windows Explorer has been a great file management
>> software for me.
>> But there are some important features that are missing.
>

> What features do you think are missing?
>

>> * Can anyone recommend a great file management software with more
>> features ?
>

> Answer the question above and maybe I or someone else can make a
> suggestion for you.

I don't know about the OP, but I always thought that "Select All" in the
context menu (right-click) could be useful.
From: JoJo on
Folks:

* I should be able to determine the size of a folder without having to go
into that folder.
* I would like to be able to color various folders.
* Plus other general additional features associated with high-level file
management software

Any application needs to be upgraded constantly over time. Windows explorer
is rather old and is largely unchanged in terms of general capabilities.
Hope this helps.

Thanks.