From: Peace Freak on
Hello,

I have made a template that is not yet finished... I decided to test it out,
but when I make new pages from it, the formatting is messed up (in any new
pages that I create from the template). This of course is happening prior to
uploading to the pages... (I need to make many different pages from the
template but cannot proceed because of this...)

If I preview the new ?messed up? page in Safari (that is by clicking the
Preview button in Dreamweaver itself), it is almost OK, but the background
image does not show up. Could anyone suggest what I might need to do to get the
?new? page to appear fine in Dreamweaver itself.

I am new to Dreamweaver and have just started with it since moving from
GoLive...

Thanks in advance.

From: Murray *ACE* on
We would have to see the page and its underlying code.

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

From: Peace Freak on
Thanks for your reply. Was unable to get back to this till now.

I saved a sample page, and uploaded it, and as with previewing in browsers,
the formatting appears to be OK when viewed on the web. The background image is
missing and the page seems to be reloading itself every half second. Here is a
link to it:

http://www.cambodiakids.org/Badformatting.html

So only when editing it with Dreamweaver does it appear messed up, but of
course, this is not good as I need to see it as it should be.

If you like, I can post the code here.

Anyway, thank you in advance.

Damien

From: Alan on

> The background image is
> missing and the page seems to be reloading itself every half second

background-image: url(file:///D's 200/Users/andrews/Documents/ Cambodia
DomiNet Main/ CCHome Main/Cambodia Kids (TABLE Current) �/Cambodia
Kids/Images/BackgroundImages/28_770LightLL.jpg);
}

remove the refresh meta tag. It causes it to refresh constantly.

change the path for the background image from an absolute path to Your hard
drive to a relative path to an image file that's in the site.

--
Alan
Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

From: Peace Freak on
Have not seemed to have totally resolved this problem. Every new page that I
make from any template that I make ends up with the same messed up format and I
cannot work out why...

In my template I have the following for the background image (in an
un-editable area):

background-image: url(../Images/BackgroundImages/smile_bg.jpg);

When I make a new page from that template, that code gets converted to:

background-image: url(file:///D's 200/Users/and/Documents/ Cambodia DomiNet
Main/ CCHome Main/Cambodia Kids (TABLE Current) ?/Cambodia
Kids/Images/BackgroundImages/smile_bg.jpg);

I guess there must be a setting or something causing this. Or maybe I have the
templates stored in the wrong place. If someone could enlighten me on what is
going on it would be appreciated...