From: David Kaye on
"Mayayana" <mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote:

>I'm using OE and find that when a group goes offline
>it's automatically removed and deleted, as you describe.
>That's rather odd. But I'm still hooked up with the MS
>server. Maybe the solution is to stick with ES and
>remove the MS server settings altogether.

Well yes, if you're on the MS news server it stands to reason that the files
would be deleted from there. ES doesn't have that problem.

From: Mike B on

"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows Live as my newsreader for M$. (yes, I am at Eternal
> September too).
> I have WL set to download all headers and bodies.
>
> BUT, when M$ removes a newsgroup, it also seems to delete all my
> downloaded
> headers and bodies.

If you are on a system with Exchange Server, you can export the entire NG
to your Exchange account for posterity...

From: Jeff Johnson on
"dpb" <none(a)non.net> wrote in message

> Don't have a clue about "Windows Live" (can't say ever heard of it before,
> even).

Outlook Express was replaced by Windows Live Mail in Vista. Then in Windows
7 it was renamed "Windows Live." I'm not sure if there's even any core OE
left in that one; I've never used it.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bee wrote:
> Am I wrong or is M$ messing with my computer without my consent.
> Hope the EU gets wind of this.

You are not wrong. Microsoft has always deleted downloaded newsgroup
data when the newsgroup ceases to exist, starting in OE and on through
each successive generation. This is a prime example of their
particular brand of evil. Sorry...

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: GS on
Jeff Johnson explained on 6/7/2010 :
> "dpb" <none(a)non.net> wrote in message
>
>> Don't have a clue about "Windows Live" (can't say ever heard of it before,
>> even).
>
> Outlook Express was replaced by Windows Live Mail in Vista. Then in Windows 7
> it was renamed "Windows Live." I'm not sure if there's even any core OE left
> in that one; I've never used it.

<IMO>
It has every indication of being OE 'under the hood', even though the
UI seems foreign to OE users. (Seems to be a combination of features
from OE and MS Outlook)

--
Garry

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last