From: Paul Clement on
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 12:06:49 -0700, Bee <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

� I am using Windows Live as my newsreader for M$. (yes, I am at Eternal
� September too).
� I have WL set to download all headers and bodies.

� BUT, when M$ removes a newsgroup, it also seems to delete all my downloaded
� headers and bodies.
� Is that normal?
� Can that be stopped?
� Where is the data being saved on my disk so that I might retain/hide/copy it?

� Am I wrong or is M$ messing with my computer without my consent.
� Hope the EU gets wind of this.

I've used the Agent news reader for years and can save all the messages I've downloaded, regardless
of whether they are deleted on the news server.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Mike Williams on
"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> BUT, when M$ removes a newsgroup, it also seems
> to delete all my downloaded headers and bodies.
> Is that normal?

It is certainly normal for Micro$oft, because they are an arrogant bunch of
b*st*rds who behave like corporate gangsters. They have mugged you and
stolen data from your computer, just as they recently attempted to mug an
entire African government and steal the government's own purchased data from
17,000 computers, until they were caught in the act and prevented from doing
so. In Micro$oft's eyes you are just a little person who cannot afford to
take them to court, and they have millions of dollars worth of crooked
lawyers who will argue that it is Micro$oft's data and that they have every
right to take it from you, which is actually not the case. They don't care
about you and they will treat you hower they wish.

> Am I wrong or is M$ messing with my computer
> without my consent.

No, you are not wrong. That is exactly what they have done.

> Hope the EU gets wind of this.

Well, the EU is busy at the moment with other things concerning Micro$oft,
but I'm sure they'll get around to it soon. Removing or altering or hiding
data on a computer belonging to someone else without their express
permission is a crime.

> Can that be stopped?

Yes, although the US legal system and the US politicians will not do much
about it because many of them they live in Micro$oft's pockets. I imagine
that the EU will soon get onto it though. In the meantime, stop using
Micro$oft products unless there is simply no other option for you.

Mike

From: Laurel on
What is ES?

From: mp on
news.eternal-september.org

"Laurel" <FakeMail(a)Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What is ES?
>
> "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Mayayana" <mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote:
>>>
>>>I'm using OE and find that when a group goes offline
>>>it's automatically removed and deleted, as you describe.
>>>That's rather odd. But I'm still hooked up with the MS
>>>server. Maybe the solution is to stick with ES and
>>>remove the MS server settings altogether.
>>
>> Well yes, if you're on the MS news server it stands to reason that the
>> files
>> would be deleted from there. ES doesn't have that problem.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Context menu in FileListbox
Next: Integer and Long