From: Kirk on
Does anyone know of someone who does repair work on the older Nikon
LS-2000 scanner? kirk.bristol(a)gmail.com
From: Surfer! on
In message
<8f93a168-e866-4655-b268-0aaf6cdd24c6(a)p36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
Kirk <kirk.bristol(a)gmail.com> writes
>Does anyone know of someone who does repair work on the older Nikon
>LS-2000 scanner? kirk.bristol(a)gmail.com

In what bit of what country? If Edinburgh in the UK is any use there is
a chap who might:

http://www.jpcameras.co.uk/

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
From: Barry Watzman on
Sorry; US only, and I will not accept units for repair unless the return
address is a US address. But I will give consultation & advice (free)
to those living outside the US.

From: Massimo on
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:48:32 +0200, fotoralf(a)gmx.de (Ralf R.
Radermacher) wrote:

>Kirk <kirk.bristol(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of someone who does repair work on the older Nikon
>> LS-2000 scanner? kirk.bristol(a)gmail.com
>
>In Inner Mongolia, I presume?
>
>Ralf

Haha! Yes, the header of his posting reveals that he is Dutch, the
providers name ending with .nl but he should have mentioned it
himself, of course. :-)

Massimo

From: Don Kirkman on
[Email only]

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Barry Watzman wrote in article
<h8tf9v$u72$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>Sorry; US only, and I will not accept units for repair unless the return
>address is a US address. But I will give consultation & advice (free)
>to those living outside the US.

Do you work on other brands as well? A while back I bought a used
Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV for an archiving project, and I suppose it
would be a good idea to at least have it checked over, cleaned, and if
necessary adjusted before I begin scanning my slides.

I'd appreciate your advice and a ballpark estimate of the cost if I
decide to pursue this.

I was glad to come across your message, since I didn't have a clue
about the possibility of having this kind of work done.