From: Alfred Molon on
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-08/nikon-plans-new-concept-slr-
camera-as-early-as-this-year-kimura-says.html

Nikon Corp. plans to introduce a new type of single-lens reflex camera
as early as this fiscal year, President Makoto Kimura said.

The ?new concept? model will probably have an enhanced function for
video recording and may adopt the so-called mirrorless structure, Kimura
said in an interview today in Tokyo. ?It could be any time this fiscal
year or the following year, as new models are starting to sell,? he
said, declining to specify when the product will be available.

Nikon, Japan?s biggest SLR camera maker, has been intensively focusing
on development of the product to fuel revenue growth of digital SLR
cameras, Kimura said. The company aims to boost sales of cameras with
interchangeable lenses about 80 percent to 6.65 million units in three
years to March 2013, Nikon said last month.
--

Alfred Molon
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:38:07 +0200, Alfred Molon
<alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-08/nikon-plans-new-concept-slr-
>camera-as-early-as-this-year-kimura-says.html
>
>Nikon Corp. plans to introduce a new type of single-lens reflex camera
>as early as this fiscal year, President Makoto Kimura said.
>
>The ?new concept? model will probably have an enhanced function for
>video recording and may adopt the so-called mirrorless structure, Kimura
>said in an interview today in Tokyo. ?It could be any time this fiscal
>year or the following year, as new models are starting to sell,? he
>said, declining to specify when the product will be available.
>
>Nikon, Japan?s biggest SLR camera maker, has been intensively focusing
>on development of the product to fuel revenue growth of digital SLR
>cameras, Kimura said. The company aims to boost sales of cameras with
>interchangeable lenses about 80 percent to 6.65 million units in three
>years to March 2013, Nikon said last month.

Do keep up. I already posted that link here, a few days ago.

From: Bruce on
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:45:30 -0400, Mark F <mark53916(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm not sure exactly what "reflex" refers to

That much is obvious, so why post at all?

From: Mark F on
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote in part:
> F--- the PELLIX. 50% of the light, or so, never got to the film.
Actually, according to what I see on the web, about 2/3 to film, 1/3
to view finder. The thing worked fine in bright light where you
didn't want to loose site of the subject.

I didn't do any real tests with it, but it seemed like it should
loose lots of resolution.

It had a limited lens selection (I got the camera for US$30 sometime
in the 1967-1972 time frame) I read on the web that the pellicle
degraded, but I didn't use the camera after I got a real job and
got too busy to take photographs anyhow.

After sitting in various boxes from 1975 to 2009 it got thrown out
last year - I couldn't even give it away to either of the two local
camera stores that actually still sell and display old film cameras.
From: Rich on
On Jul 19, 8:03 pm, Mark F <mark53...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote in part:> F--- the PELLIX.  50% of the light, or so, never got to the film.
>
> Actually, according to what I see on the web, about 2/3 to film, 1/3
> to view finder.  The thing worked fine in bright light where you
> didn't want to loose site of the subject.

Well, a 50mm f1.4 lens would have worked ok I guess.