From: Russ Valentine on
Step 2 tells you to R click your Contacts Folder and in the Properties
dialog/Outlook Address Book Tab check the option to show that folder as an
email address book.
Do that.
Restart Outlook after you do.
--
Russ Valentine

From: Trevor on
I suspect you're saying I should have a contacts folder in the list of
folders under Personal Folders? I haven't. I think I had this same thing
once before when I had to create a new profile, and somehow got the contacts
back then.

From: Trevor on
A further problem I have since creating a new folder is I get a pane popping
up saying Microsoft Office Outlook Connecter with email address and password
in. I have to cancel this before I can use Outlook.

From: Russ Valentine on
Of course you would have a Contacts Folder if you had opened your old data
file.
If you chose to move only your Inbox, why would you expect to have contacts?
If you didn't transfer your Contacts then of course they aren't there.
If you want all your old Outlook data, then transfer it! There are countless
posts here that tell you how to transfer Outlook data.

From: Trevor on
I thought all the folders were in one file - outlook.pst? I didn't know
there were any others.