From: Trevor on
I started getting message the other day that windows couldn't open outlook.
I looked it up and ended up creating a new profile. I then opened my old
outlook.pst file and moved the contents of the old inbox and sent box to
the new inbox and sent box.

Problem is my address book is empty. Where is my old address book? How can I
incorporate it in the new profile?

From: Russ Valentine on
Did you configure it to show your current Contacts Folder?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine

From: Trevor on

"Russ Valentine" <russval(a)mvps.org> wrote in message
> Did you configure it to show your current Contacts Folder?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Trevor" <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I started getting message the other day that windows couldn't open
>>outlook. I looked it up and ended up creating a new profile. I then opened
>>my old outlook.pst file and moved the contents of the old inbox and sent
>>box to the new inbox and sent box.
>>
>> Problem is my address book is empty. Where is my old address book? How
>> can I incorporate it in the new profile?

I have worked through this but got nowhere. When I use step 1 there is an
address book there so I close.

When I get to step 2 and go to folder the only option is 'inbox'. When I
click on that, there's nothing that mentions address book.

From: John Aldrich on
On Mar 19, 1:21 pm, "Trevor" <trevor(a)nos...@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Problem is my address book is empty. Where is my old address book? How
> >> can I incorporate it in the new profile?
>
> I have worked through this but got nowhere. When I use step 1 there is an
> address book there so I close.
>
> When I get to step 2 and go to folder the only option is 'inbox'. When I
> click on that, there's nothing that mentions address book.

Have you tried right-clicking on the "old" address book that you've
imported, select "properties" and there should be a checkbox in there
somewhere for "show this as an Outlook Address Book" or some such
verbiage.
From: Trevor on

"John Aldrich" <jaldrich(a)blueridgecarpet.com> wrote in message
On Mar 19, 1:21 pm, "Trevor" <trevor(a)nos...@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Problem is my address book is empty. Where is my old address book? How
> >> can I incorporate it in the new profile?
>
> I have worked through this but got nowhere. When I use step 1 there is an
> address book there so I close.
>
> When I get to step 2 and go to folder the only option is 'inbox'. When I
> click on that, there's nothing that mentions address book.

Have you tried right-clicking on the "old" address book that you've
imported, select "properties" and there should be a checkbox in there
somewhere for "show this as an Outlook Address Book" or some such
verbiage.

Where exactly do I right click on? I'm not aware that I've imported the old
address book.