From: Chuck on
It's usually possible to obtain a replacement CD from MS via the
fulfillment path. I've done so several times via phone, and a small
charge for the replacement CD.

Before I went this route, I always checked the CD/DVD using another
driver or P/C. Another possibility or method is to copy the CD contents
to a HD, and try an install or "repair" from there.
From: Etaoin Shrdlu on
On 6/16/2010 1:26 PM, Chuck wrote:
> It's usually possible to obtain a replacement CD from MS via the
> fulfillment path. I've done so several times via phone, and a small
> charge for the replacement CD.
>
> Before I went this route, I always checked the CD/DVD using another
> driver or P/C. Another possibility or method is to copy the CD contents
> to a HD, and try an install or "repair" from there.

Now we just need a question to go along with your answer.
From: Daave on
Chuck wrote:
> It's usually possible to obtain a replacement CD from MS via the
> fulfillment path. I've done so several times via phone, and a small
> charge for the replacement CD.
>
> Before I went this route, I always checked the CD/DVD using another
> driver or P/C. Another possibility or method is to copy the CD
> contents to a HD, and try an install or "repair" from there.

Is there a context for this post?

From: chuck on
Daave wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> It's usually possible to obtain a replacement CD from MS via the
>> fulfillment path. I've done so several times via phone, and a small
>> charge for the replacement CD.

> Is there a context for this post?

Prolly the previous post about a defective OEM disc.

Short memories here??