From: GS on
Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed
due to a registry or installation problem.
also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
getting error message
tried restart

in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried
restoring form office settings and failed

tried repair and no better result

what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
the app't, tasks, reminders for the main email account

thx of any help

OS w7 ultimate w latest update

From: GS on
thx for help

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
> trying to start Outlook?
yes
> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
there was an error accessing your system registry

apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
successful repair:
start installing message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute before
word window shows up

is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

From: Peter Foldes on
Are you sure it is Outlook 2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this issue if used in
Vista or Win 7

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm

--
Peter

From: GS on
positively OL 2003 as from of SMB ofc 2k3 but there was installation error or corruption .
also there was no such thing as office10 folder in the ~program files\Microsoft office

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORoOodpxKHA.812(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Are you sure it is Outlook 2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this issue if used in
> Vista or Win 7
>
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm
>
> --
> Peter

> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS(a)msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> > email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed
> > due to a registry or installation problem.
> > also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> > getting error message
> > tried restart
> >
> > in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried
> > restoring form office settings and failed
> >

> > tried repair and no better result
> >
> > what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
> > the app't, tasks, reminders for the main email account
> >
> > thx of any help
> >
> > OS w7 ultimate w latest update

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook Links