From: Peter on

When I click on a hyperlink in an Outlook message I get a permissions error
saying I cannot open the link. This is my personal machine and is not on a
network. Links worked fine until a couple of days ago and something changed.
How do I reset Outlook so that I am again able to open a hyperlink.
From: Nytetears on
1) On the Tools menu, click Options.
2) On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
3) Clear the Disable links and other functionality in phishing messages
(recommended) check box.

see if this helps

From: Nytetears on
I was just thinking. if the error says ""This operation has been cancelled
due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator." Then the problem is a messed up reg key. I found I had this
problem when I tried to use a different web browser or had more then one
installed. unfortunatly the only thing I could do to fix it was remove all
non IE browsers. The following url may help you however.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3bEN-US%3bQ310049

From: VanguardLH on
Peter wrote:

> When I click on a hyperlink in an Outlook message I get a permissions error
> saying I cannot open the link.

That is NOT what the error message says. Regarding error or status
messages:

- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

> This is my personal machine and is not on a network.

If the computer is not connected to a network, just how are you getting your
e-mails from the e-mail server? Standalone hosts (no network connection)
cannot receive e-mail traffic.

> Links worked fine until a couple of days ago and something changed.

Did you perhaps install another web browser, or uninstall one?

> How do I reset Outlook so that I am again able to open a hyperlink.

That would depend on the EXACT error message that you got (which you
probably would have found solutions by Googling on the exact error string).
One guess is the following:

Operation canceled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your
internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control
panel, Internet options, Advanced tab).
See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest
information.

--