From: jonathon on

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: PJH on
jonathon has written on 3/17/2010 3:44 PM:

> PJH wrote:
>
>> I don't see any motivation for a dyed-in-the-wool MS user to want to use ODF, do you?
>
> If the MSO2k7 users don't object to using a file format that is
> incompatible with MSO2k7, there is no reason to migrate to ODF.

I don't follow you.

The reason this came up in the first place is that an Office 2007 user
gave me a DOCX file that crashed writer 3.2 when I tried to open it. He
sent me that file as an example of why he doesn't advocate using OOo in
a "mixed" environment.

Doesn't Office 2007 produce Office 2007-compatible files?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: jonathon on

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Robert A Williams" on
For information only, Microsoft Office 2007can open a DOCX, and can re-save
it as .doc and other Microsft formats, and if Service pack 2 is installed it
can also open and save in Open Document format.

Robert A Williams

From: Paul Douglas Franklin on
Since the OP was prompted by someone sending him a .docx that wouldn't
open in Ooo, then I think the appropriate response would be to supply
him with a .docx that won't open in MSO2k7.
--Paul

--

Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager

/Husband of Danette/
/Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb/

Upgrade to the premier Office package today!

Free download here:
http://www.openoffice.org/

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org