From: amerar on

Howdy,

We are trying to run some scripts to give us some detail and stats on
our indexes. Whenever we run the script though, we get:

ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

Is there no way to tell Oracle to re-try or to wait n seconds before
retrying??

Thanks,

Arthur

From: Maxim Demenko on
amerar(a)iwc.net schrieb:
> Howdy,
>
> We are trying to run some scripts to give us some detail and stats on
> our indexes. Whenever we run the script though, we get:
>
> ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified
>
> Is there no way to tell Oracle to re-try or to wait n seconds before
> retrying??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arthur

As for me, the one of good explanations you can find here:
http://www.psoug.org/reference/deadlocks.html

Best regards

Maxim
From: amerar on

If I say "Alter index <name> validate structure', it locks the index
for a certain amount of time. If it cannot get the lock, I get an
ORA-00054.

There must be a easy way around this. I'm sure the user lock is only
for a short period. But, by the time I run the script again, a
different index is locked........

How can I tell Oracle to wait?

Regards,

Arthur

From: Sybrand Bakker on
On 8 Jun 2005 13:32:23 -0700, amerar(a)iwc.net wrote:

>If I say "Alter index <name> validate structure', it locks the index
>for a certain amount of time. If it cannot get the lock, I get an
>ORA-00054.
>
>There must be a easy way around this. I'm sure the user lock is only
>for a short period. But, by the time I run the script again, a
>different index is locked........
>
>How can I tell Oracle to wait?
>
>Regards,
>
>Arthur

You can not.
Oracle != a toy

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
From: Joel Garry on
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:756025703387
might give some hints to figure it out. Non-indexed foreign keys?

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"A valuable skill whether you are an auctioneer of a businessman making