From: chief123 on
We have an issue with Communicator not installing properly. Everytime the
user tries to launch Communicator, he gets - “Cannot start Communicator until
setup is complete. Restart your computer to complete setup, and then start
Communicator”

No number of reboots, or uninstall/reinstall, corret the problem. Any ideas
on what could be hanging this up?
From: Charles W Davis on
Chief,

What operating system? If Windows XP, you might want to install Windows
Installer 3.1.

From: chief123 on
Windows XP and Windows Installer 3.1 is installed. We just upgraded to Office
2007 a bit ago. However, he was having this error prior to upgrading.

Thanks!

From: Bob Buckland ?:-) on
Hi Chief,

You may want to use the link below to also post this in the MS Office Communicator discussion group and include there the additional
information on Windows version but also on your Office server product versions.

===========

--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

>>*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends<<

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.office.communicator

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

From: chief123 on
Thanks for the tip. I will do it.