From: Mike from Moriches on
Greetings -
Is there a Forms event similar to the On_No_Data event with reports? I
have a small form that builds a filter for a recordset. If I run a
DoCmd.OpenReport I can trigger No Data event when the filter finds no
records. However, if I use a DoCmd.OpenForm with the same filter, a blank
form displays. I would like to prevent the Form from displaying if no
records are found by the filter. What is a good approach to capture the
fact that no records meet the filter criteria? Thanks in advance for any
suggestions,
Mike N.

From: Allen Browne on
Cancel the form's Open event, e.g.:

If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "Nuffin 2 c here."
End if
End Sub

(Note that checking whether there are records may cause the form's events to
trigger in an order different to that published by MS.)

From: Mike from Moriches on
Thank-you Allen - Your code works perfectly!
Mike