From: Nil on
Can Sonar send one MIDI track to multiple outputs? Or can I pass the
MIDI input of one virtual instrument on through to another virtual
instrument, kinda like the MIDI THRU jack on a hardware synth? I want
to do this every once in a while in order to layer instruments. I
always give up, though, and just duplicate the track, but that's not
the most elegant solution. Seems like it should be possible, but heck
if I can see how it would be done.
From: Nil on
On 07 Feb 2010, Nil <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> Can Sonar send one MIDI track to multiple outputs? Or can I pass
> the MIDI input of one virtual instrument on through to another
> virtual instrument, kinda like the MIDI THRU jack on a hardware
> synth? I want to do this every once in a while in order to layer
> instruments. I always give up, though, and just duplicate the
> track, but that's not the most elegant solution. Seems like it
> should be possible, but heck if I can see how it would be done.

This is Sonar 5, by the way.
From: Steve_Karl on
No
But the fix is to just clone the track to as many as you need and then just change the outs
to the channes you want.

sk

From: D.J.B on

Well - at the risk of becoming a MusicLab Rep..

MusicLab Free Software

http://www.musiclab.com/downloads/free/

MIDI Connection Center 1.1 (Free)

"Simple MIDI Connection Center Utility makes
MIDI THRU connections without any additional
sequencer software like Cakewalk, Cubase, etc.
having Thru built-in features. Using the utility you
could play MIDI keyboard connected to your PC
via MIDI IN port through internal synthesizers or
external tone generators connected via MIDI OUT
ports. That's because the utility allows you to simply
connect any MIDI input device to any MIDI output
one. It means that every MIDI event received from
MIDI Input device you've chosen will be forward to
some MIDI Output device has been connected with. "

Then there's this...

http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html (Free)

Hope this helps...

DJB

From: Nil on
On 07 Feb 2010, "Steve_Karl" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> No

Bummer. But at least I can stop searching for a something that's not
there.

> But the fix is to just clone the track to as many as you need and
> then just change the outs to the channes you want.

That's what I've been doing, but I wish I could avoid that. All those
duplicate tracks are really only one part - I'm just trying to layer
the sounds. And that means I have to edit all those tracks separately
if I want to change a note. It gets complicated and visually cluttered.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Hello
Next: Vegas Video version?