From: Bob Quintal on
"hubertholz via AccessMonster.com" <u58479(a)uwe> wrote in

> Hi guys,
>
> Thank you very much for your answers!
>
> You are right, It would be rather stupid to let the user make
> changes in the tables. However, I would like to provide him an
> overview of what is in the table. Until now, whenever I construct
> a new form and want to present the data there, I would have to,
> you know, flip one side after the other to get to my desired
> input. But, I would like to see them all on one list. I think
> instead of opening the table, Id prefer this solution..?
>
> hubert

You can make a form appear just like a table datasheet with one click
of the mouse. While in form properties, set the default view to
datasheet. This form should not allow editing the fields.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Using a datasheet has advantages even if you allow editing. You can protect
(lock, disable) some fields. You can not allow deletions. You can create an
audit that keeps track of edits. You cannot do any of that from a table.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com