From: zcsizmadia@gmail.com on
xilprg supports multiple Xilinx devices and supports Digilent USB and
Xilinx Parallel III cable.

Zoltan

From: David Ashley on
fpgakid(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've released the first version of my Xilinx JTAG programmer for
> Win32/Linux.

I've got a spartan3e starter board, it connects to the PC through a
USB cable. The windows software works fine, but under linux the
only way I can get xilinx impact to download is if I first boot up
in windows, then reboot into linux.

Would your driver/software work with the spartan3e board with
integrated USB device port?

-Dave
From: zcsizmadia@gmail.com on
This version supports only Digilent USB programmer cable!
Unfortunately I don't have money to buy a Spartan-3E Starter Kit and
reverse engineer the USB protocoll.

Zoltan

From: Andreas Ehliar on
On 2006-08-23, zcsizmadia(a)gmail.com <zcsizmadia(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> This version supports only Digilent USB programmer cable!
> Unfortunately I don't have money to buy a Spartan-3E Starter Kit and
> reverse engineer the USB protocoll.

No need to do that, the S3E starter kit is supported by Bryan's
modified XC3Sprog, available at http://inisyn.org/src/xup/ .

/Andreas
From: David Ashley on
Andreas Ehliar wrote:
> No need to do that, the S3E starter kit is supported by Bryan's
> modified XC3Sprog, available at http://inisyn.org/src/xup/ .
>
> /Andreas

Andreas,

Very good! It says USB1 is not supported, get a USB2
card. I'm not sure what this means. I'm able to download
bit files to spartan-3e starter board with no problems under
windows -- but I don't think my usb controller is usb 2.0
(as in high speed). Will the xup work on my machine?

-Dave

--
David Ashley http://www.xdr.com/dash
Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture