From: Paul on
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a FOSS equivalent to the commercial asm2c
application?

I have a small number of x86 assembler files that I need converting over
to C (is convert the right word or would port be better?) and begrudge
forking out for the a package I'll only ever use once.

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who

From: Simon J. Rowe on
Paul wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a FOSS equivalent to the commercial asm2c
> application?

Try boomerang

http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/

> I have a small number of x86 assembler files that I need converting over
> to C (is convert the right word or would port be better?) and begrudge
> forking out for the a package I'll only ever use once.

The term you need is 'decompiler', if boomerang isn't suitable look at the
others listed on sourceforge.

Pages: 1
Prev: Xauthority lock timeout?
Next: Kernel panic error