From: Louis Epstein on
Louis Epstein <le(a)main.put.com> wrote:
: Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
: : Louis Epstein :
: :
: :> Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
: :> : Louis Epstein :
: :> :
: :> :> I have FreeBSD 7.3 running with Gnome and try to launch the OpenTTD 1.0.1
: :> :> port...nothing visibly happens.When I exit Gnome (which takes Ctrl-Alt-F1
: :> :> followed by Ctrl-C) I get error messages about a graphics package not
: :> :> being loaded...as far as I know OpenTTD 1.x has graphics built in (unlike
: :> :> OpenTTD 0.x).
: :> :
: :> : You have to download the graphics package. The free package is openGfx
: :> : http://wiki.openttd.org/OpenGFX
: :> : http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/releases/0.2.4/
: :>
: :> So the OpenTTD makefile doesn't take care of this?
: :
: : Looks like no.
: :
: :> As I said,I thought the graphics were integrated as of OpenTTD 1.x,
: :> and thee link you give is a little ambiguous as to where to install
: :> the download.
: :
: : Download opengfx-0.2.4.zip and opensfx-0.2.3.zip
: : then unzip them into /usr/local/share/openttd/data
: : (cd /usr/local/share/openttd/data; unzip open*)
:
: It's complaining:
:
: Archive: opengfx-0.2.4.zip
: caution: filename not matched: opensfx-0.2.3.zip

Now unpacked and running...sounds not sounding but not likely
to be a file problem.

: : That's all. You may have to choose the sound package in openttd.
:
: The Readmes do say to do that.
:
: :> : I've not tried the sounds package yet but openGFX is working here.
: :>
: :> You're running the game silent?
: :
: : No, I have not tried this game yet.
:
: -=-=-
: The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
: at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.