From: LSMFT on
How do you get fonts larger than 96 to print, cut out and use as stencils
to paint signs?

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.
From: mjt on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:20:36 -0400
LSMFT <boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:

> How do you get fonts larger than 96 to print, cut out and use as stencils
> to paint signs?

That's easy ... in the box where the font size is displayed
and where you select the size from its drop-down box, simply
click in that box and type the font size you want.

--
Never try to outstubborn a cat.
-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

From: LSMFT on
mjt wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:20:36 -0400
> LSMFT <boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
>> How do you get fonts larger than 96 to print, cut out and use as
stencils
>> to paint signs?
>
> That's easy ... in the box where the font size is displayed
> and where you select the size from its drop-down box, simply
> click in that box and type the font size you want.

Tried that. Don't work. 120 resets to 12.

From: mjt on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:28:48 -0400
LSMFT <boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:

> mjt wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:20:36 -0400
> > LSMFT <boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >> How do you get fonts larger than 96 to print, cut out and use as
> stencils
> >> to paint signs?
> >
> > That's easy ... in the box where the font size is displayed
> > and where you select the size from its drop-down box, simply
> > click in that box and type the font size you want.
> >

> Tried that. Don't work. 120 resets to 12.

Then you're doing something rwong:

Here's a screenshot showing 96pts and double that: 192pts
(Look at the Font bar ... it shows Times New Roman at 192pts.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/myswtest/points.jpg

And here's one at 400 pts (the second zero is on page 2)

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/myswtest/points1.jpg

--
"I'm defending her honor, which is more than she ever did."
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: Ulick Magee on
LSMFT wrote:

> Tried that. Don't work. 120 resets to 12.

On Ooo 3.0.0.9 (oS 11.1) I can go as far as 999.9 pts.

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org