From: Knubbi on
I try to optimize a slice using PNG 8,24 or 32 and "exact" and set colors to
max amount. However, FW always reverts to "adaptive" and does not use all
colors it could, thus a smooth color fade is ruined. Clicking "Rebuild Color
table" does not help either. It only uses just 4 colors trying to display a
color fade.

How can I force FW to use the full color scale, please?

From: PJR on
Can you upload the image and supply us with a link.

What kind of image is it? Photograph? Illustration?

Peter

From: Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** on
Knubbi wrote:

> I try to optimize a slice using PNG 8,24 or 32 and "exact" and set colors to
> max amount. However, FW always reverts to "adaptive" and does not use all
> colors it could, thus a smooth color fade is ruined. Clicking "Rebuild Color
> table" does not help either. It only uses just 4 colors trying to display a
> color fade.
>
> How can I force FW to use the full color scale, please?

You cannot force it to use the full color scale in 8 bit PNG format
because it is limited to 256 colors, just like the GIF format. Use 24 or
32 bit PNG format instead, or use JPEG format.

--
Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
http://www.projectseven.com
From: Knubbi on
Linda, I know, but FW even does not take advantage of the 256 colors. It just uses 4 or something colors, thus causes huge "color artefacts".
From: qrayg on
I've had the same problem. It seems that Fw shifts the color palette on 8-bit
exports. I'm assuming it's trying to optimize the image and removes or switches
certain colors to make the final file size smaller. Even if an image has 128
colors Fw will compress the colors that are very similar and removes some of
them. If the image contains a gradient of some sort it will look banded. I have
yet to find a solution so I just use a 99% JPG or a 24-bit PNG.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Popup Menu in Fireworks 8
Next: Import from Indesign